Saturday, October 18, 2008

looking for my phone

Saturday morning, trying to get out the door quickly to take a test that is due before midnight, to get back home in time for Gavin's football game, a trip to the Gateway with Clarissa for a birthday gift, then off to take her to the party, visit Grandpa and Grandma, and home to prepare the Relief Society lesson for tomorrow, plus find time with the boys to write their talks for the primary program, chores and clothes ready for Sunday; marathon Saturday morning.

Who has time to look for a cell phone?

I keep going from room to room, events of yesterday, conversations had. Thinking, oh where, oh where could it be?

Asking Brian, Clarissa, no avail. Checking downstairs with the boys and the conversation goes like this:

Me: Anyone seen my cell phone?
Sam: Check behind the toilet.
Me: Yeah, right. Seriously, did one of you use it?
Sam: I bet Clarissa put it behind the toilet?
Me: Clarissa huh?
Sam: Yeah, I bet Clarissa did it.
Jeremy: Go look, Mom, I bet it is there.
Me: Okay.

Me to Brian: The boys think my phone is behind the toilet, Clarissa did it.
Brian: (laughing)
Me to Clarissa: Have you seen my phone?
(She is washing her hair leaning over the tub.)
Clarissa: No.
Me: The boys said you put it behind the toilet.
Clarissa: Well, that is where it is.
(As she looks from upside down.)
Me: Seriously.
Clarissa: Yep, with the boys army men, chains and bouncy balls.

There sits my phone, right where clarissa put it!
What do you do with monkeys!

3 comments:

Liz said...

put them behind bars in the zoo. Make money off people who want to just stare at them, make funny faces and tickle their own arm pits.

LeShel said...

So i'm thinking there may have been a statement made by your children in this hostage situation?

si tu veux said...

I would totally have to agree. In fact the same thought crossed my mind this morning. I think that the boys knew that if I can't find my phone, I can't leave the house. Therefore, I am the hostage here.
I guess I could just be glad that they missed mean old me enough last week to want to keep me around today. Love them for it!...and we will see how they feel about me next week!!!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash