Monday, October 6, 2008

Kids and Cameras!


Thank goodness for kids! I am usually the one who is taking more pictures than necessary of every event in our lives, but the pictures that I really enjoy are the ones that my kids take.

Visits to grandparents; I inevitably don't have my camera, they do. Going on a walk to the park, them. Going to the zoo, always the kids. I used to carry everything: diapers, milk, wipes, snacks, gum, tweezers, band aids, extra underwear (don't ask). Not anymore. I am always looking through Jeremy's pockets for the essentials, begging band aids off of Sam, candy and gum from Gavin, and Clarissa; her camera. (Grandma, Jeremy, Gavin and Sam)
Last night mom Jane called and told us that Grandma Adamson is very ill; cancer throughout. I began to think of all the times that we visited, and not a single picture. I started to fret because you always think that you will have more time. There is tomorrow. I should know better; but she is always so pleasant, cheerful, and enduring, and now, how many tomorrows are left? Not enough for me, too many for her.

It will be her birthday, October 22nd.

What can you give to a person who has lived such a long and full life? What she wants most. To be back with her sweethearts. To give them a piece of her mind for leaving her behind for so long. To be graced with the love of her Father, and Brother.

Memories. Mine are flooded with the first time I met Grandma. She is Grandpa's second wife, our bonus Grandma; a gift to our family. I remember going to her house in Pleasant Grove and playing; she had the best toys, the best hugs, the best treats. She was always willing to open her arms a little wider, to let a few more in.

I am thankful to be one of those few. And I am thankful for Clarissa, Christmas and her new Camera - these pictures will capture the memories; those many moments with our loving Grandmother, who deserved so many more visits than we have given her.
...sigh, no time like the present!
Grandma has counted everyone of her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren every day. She has a wall in her room with a picture to represent every one of us, and for the longest time she could always tell you exactly the number. She would go through it every time with me. Asking how each person was. And wanting to make sure that she had a picture of EVERY one. In that way she counted her blessings; each and every one of us. I wonder if we will ever know how much she loves us, and prays for us, and is thankful for us.

Grandma, we love you. You may never possibly know of this expression of love, but I will be praying, and possibly, you will know. To everything there is a season, a time to dance, a time to play, a time to sing, and a time to rest...

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash