Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love is in the Hair

I am so not ready for my kids to grow up. I love that Gavin still wants me to believe that he thinks girls are gross. I see him checking them out when I take him back and forth to school, but he would have me believe that they have cooties.

And Clarissa got the opportunity to say no to a "Will you be my girlfriend?" question. Thank goodness that we had talked about the player in her class who has asked all her friends, and kept them as a girlfriend for, oh, about a week.

I told her that when he asks (not if), that she should probably say no.

She said that he asked this week and she said, "No thanks, I don't like leftovers." Flipped her head, turned and walked away.
High ten, Clarissa. Never been so proud!

She said boys are disguisting. If she ever thinks they are cute she just remembers how they look after recess, all sweaty and stinky, and sticking their hands all over their sweaty gross faces and wiping the sweat into their hair to make it spike up. [Yes, disqusting; are you throwing up? Yeah, me too. Keep in up boys:)]

Jeremy and Sam on the other hand, what to do. Jeremy has been collecting hugs from Olivia C. since kindergarten. He and Sam both have this thing for her. After Jeremy invited her to his party last year, he devistatingly expressed that he never should have invited Sam, because now Sam likes her and she is no good for Sam. Sam has all the fourth grade and all the third grade girls to choose from.

Even so, Jeremy wants me to fix it, "Who do you think is better for her, Mom?" Fists flared he lets Sam know that "she's my girl, Sam, back off." Recess is interesting; I know that I am going to get a call one day when Jeremy had decided to beat Sam up for liking Olivia C.

Olivia C. She makes Jeremy's hair tingle. And when we went back to school, there he stood in the hallway, checking the lists to see whose class he was in. I saw a tear drop on his cheek.
What's wrong, can I fix it?
He says: "She's not in my class, but at least she is still in the school."
(oh boy, not at all what I was expecting.)
Later that day he said at least he will learn something this year because she won't be distracting him all the time. [Yes, I am scared.]

This morning Jeremy asked me if I have ever seen Never Been Kissed (Drew Barrymore). "You know the part mom, it's so funny when she is dancing around like this (dancing around crazy), you know, when she is all hopped up on Vitamin C?" "Mom, I don't think you should give me Vitamin C anymore, I'm all hopped up!"

Thats right, Jeremy, stay out of the Vitamin C.

Love is in the air; and it isn't even Spring!

1 comment:

Heather said...

love this blog post...I feel the same way and Olivia is 2

good thing I can come to you for advise!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash