Monday, October 27, 2008

GREAT Grand Mothers!

It’s late, I am still cold. More than before;
like I can’t seem to get the chill out of my bones.
But not like the cold I felt tonight
holding my Grandmothers hand.. feeling her hand,
the chill of death.
The cold that I am feeling is the frost of winter coming:
And the winter of her life.

After Spring; when life is young, vibrant,
ready to blossom into something so magnificent
you can not even put thought or words to it;
Summer comes.The running around in Grandma's yard.
Times of celebrating,
laughter, love, so much service,
fond times in Fish Lake, playing old maid,
walking, the marbles, puffed rice, tomato juice,
Lawrence Welk, music, ice cream;
the memories, xxxooxoxox,
wonderful stories and events shared;
Grand love and certainly in my Grandmothers case
– dancing, singing, throwing candy to grand kids and great grands...
into the fall of her life.Fall: the time of her life recently shared
by so many who loved her, my favorite times;
reaping the harvest of her youth.
She became the center of my life; of all that is good and great.
Wunnerful, wunnerful!
What a harvest!

And now, as a family, we come to accept Winter upon us.
The cold chill of winter.
The chill of her passing from our arms to His.
Last Saturday we celebrated the life of my Grandmother Adamson,
all that she stood for:
forgiveness, love, laughter, acceptance,
endurance, long suffering, charity and much more.
Tomorrow we will cherish the memories
and many thoughts about my Grandmother Hansen,
remembering her faith, her patience,
her feisty elegance, her kindness,
her service to many, her love.
Two GREAT- Grandmothers;
amazing, wonderful, noble, elegant women.

God couldn’t be everywhere, so he made Grandmothers.
The time comes when Grandmother can not be everywhere,
so I believe he takes them;
that they may have their hearts desire
to watch over and care for each one of us.
To be with us always.
Grandmothers, they are GREAT!

I feel that Grandma is dancing, smiling, singing again,
and reminiscing Grandpa playing the trumpet to her;
singing and dancing with her,
the love and laughter that we each brought into her life,
as she brought to ours.

I believe that she wants us to make a happy day,
every day; celebrating and honoring all the cherished
lessons learned and the love that she has for each of us.
Grandma is Christmas, she is Easter, she is Grandpa’s valentine,
she is angelic.
She is hard work, she was human,
she fixed her mistakes, she fixed everything. She loved, she lived.She is Spring, she is patience,
she is peace, she is priceless.
Grandma is dancing. She is Sunshine. She is Faith. She is love.

The other night dear, while I was sleeping,
I thought I saw you in my dreams...
You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine,
You make me happy, when skies are gray...

1 comment:

Christie Gardiner said...

You are such a good writer! Grandma would love this post!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash