Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday Smiles...

...brought to you on Monday
by the nagging of my sister Suzanne.

Thank you for wanting to know
what we have been smiling about...



Speaking of Suzanne:

I smiled when Jeremy wanted me to take a picture of his Lego girl. He named her Suzanne, because she looks "just like Suzie, huh, Mom!" [He pointed out, "especially the shirt". LOL



I smiled when I found my M n M peops!~
That is where they have been hiding!!!

Forever I have been an M n
M girl.
I put them in the kids ears when they least expect it!


They are part of the important Food Groups in our house:
Chocolate, Dr. Pepper, a
nd M n M's!!

I was very happy to know where those
M n M's have been chillin!




Wednesday Evening: Happy Birthday Cub Scouting

Cake Competition
with a 100 Years Boy Scouts theme

Sam: inside out oreo
made with Corn Flakes and Grandmas Rice Krispie recipe.
The chocolate is inside two round layers
...with M n M's [of course],
Blue and Yellow 100!!!

Jeremy: Grandma-Greats Rice Krispie treats,
NO chocolate!!!! [Is he my kid???]
Shaped to spell 100!!!


You can see me smile from ear to ear!
Sam and Jeremy won the Best Tasting Cake award
for their

Rice Krispie/Cornflake Cakes
celebrating the 100 years of Cub Scouting!!!

WAY TO GO Grandma Nina's Rice Krispie Treat Recipe!!!


We all smiled when Sam was awarded
the Arrow of Light for Cub Scouting.

He joins 2 % of Scouts who
complete every single merit
during Webelos.

Way to go Sam!!!



I smiled when Jesse sent me this text picture with Nate playing with his Bears in his book! So creative and so sweet. I LOVE technology today, which helps our families to be closer when there is such physical distance ♥



I smiled when I read Andrea's status on Facebook:
"As I was changing Max for bed his hands got lost in there sleeves and as they emerged he said, "There you are" and gave each hand
a high five.


I find myself LOST a lot....not necessarily in the confusion of my shirt sleeves, but many many many other places in my life. I think I will give myself a HIGH FIVE the next time I FIND myself!!!!




I smiled when Jeremy brought home his homework.
Seems like they are prepping these kids for a TEXTING world
earlier and earlier these days!!!


I smiled when I packed Brians lunch for him.
I never pack the lunches, Brian usually makes them.

He was running late Friday,
it was our Temple Anniversary date!!!

I figured I could do something REALLY nice for him.
I wrote SUPER DAD on the bag in the same fashion that he usually writes

Super Sam
GAV MAN
or Jer-Bear!!!

on the boys lunches ♥

Jeremy asked Brian if he would
have to eat his lunch in his office that day.


"Wont you get beat up for that Dad?"



I smiled when I spent an entire day reading this magazine. It is my favorite thing to read every month. Thanks to my Grandfather and Grandmother for years of inspiration and direction....and HOPE! ♥



I smiled when I found these on the counter and knew that it was TIME to make Banana Bread. My family smiled when they got to eat an entire loaf right out of the oven. Brian and Gavin SMILED when there were two loaves left that they could take to their Home Teaching families....it was the LAST day of the month after all...!


I actually giggled when I found this and taped it to our wall.
I love FAMILY.
I love my cousins,
and am so thankful to be able to stay in touch!
I love the memories we have made over the years.
I love the new memories we create
being a part of each others lives.
I love this MOMENT.
Gavin thought Amy and Katrina hung the moon.
Beautiful girls from the inside out.
He was in HEAVEN when they both snuck a kiss!
Lucky Boy!!!



I smiled when I spent the day with my Grandfather, had a noon day meal, collected hugs, and laughed. He is one of the most amazing men, maybe the most amazing man I have ever known. I love and appreciate him so much in my life. I SMILED when I saw this bag hanging from his chair.
He said he keeps it there to remind him to SMILE!!!
Way to go Grandpa.
What an honor to be his Granddaughter...SMILING!!!


I smiled when he pointed this thought out to me again.
Every time I am with him he reminds me:

I smiled when leaving him and he pointed out this [above].
He noticed this little heart painted
into his home right by the door.
Said he had never noticed it before this past week.
Precious....where it came from....I bet I can guess!

Love you Grandma! ♥




I smiled when I finished another journal. Full of thoughts, memories, moments, ponderings, fears, frustrations, wanderings, Hopes, dreams. For a long time I have looked at this....


...it will be time to move on to another book!
Brian bought me a few new journals for our Anniversary.
...which one to pick...
decisions, decisions...




In storing my old journal and picking a new one I was distracted by my first journal....a book of remembrance my Mother kept for me. This smile was one filled with tears as well. As I read much of what she wrote my heart was filled, again with forgiveness, with love, and with delight that I have these memories because she took the time to create something just for me. It may be full of holes, but what I have is precious, and I am thankful. I found a few pictures...and a lot of journal entries....that I will share at some point, but for now, these two made me SMILE!!!!
My sister Sheri, My Aunt Liz and Baby Me.
I loved this picture because my Aunt Liz is someone who brings me smiles DAILY! I love hearing from her, texting her, emailing, calling, noon-day meals, just any amount of time and attention she can afford to give me is precious and meaningful. She has been a great source of inspiration, a wonderful example, and a presence of the love of the Lord in my life. She is someone who has lived, loved, and laughed, and she is teaching me patience, forgiveness and endurance. She is amazing. This picture shows you how beautiful she is on the outside, but the beauty she radiates on the inside is something my words could never do justice. Love you Auntiemom!!!


This below...."Miss Most Improved"
Well, I keep trying....


Thankful and smiling that my mother would cherish me enough to write things for me to appreciate so far down the road of my journey. I am thankful for her as she shares her life with me, and as she keeps on trying....Life has not dealt her, or any of us, the easiest of blows. In fact as we all struggle and try to understand one another out goes any reason to judge another person. I am learning to lift, love and appreciate all the people in my life. Even those who have caused me grief, turmoil, pain. I have learned from my mother that no matter how embarrassed you may be by the mistakes you have made, you can still live a life worthy of being loved, being appreciated, being respected even.


A while back my kids awarded me the I try my BEST award...
I think I will be doing something pretty great with that.

As I read so much of the feelings that my mother had while raising me
I have a greater understanding of my own faults and follies.
I am going to TRY my BEST,
everyday,
and hope that my children will forgive me
someday if in any way I cause them grief.

see...Miss Most Improved....

I am still trying to deserve that honor!!!


Smiling...

...how could I not.
I married this...much later in his life [LOL] ...but WOW, what a cute kiddo!!!!




I smiled when Gavin and Clarissa went
with their Youth group and did Family History Sheets.

Clarissa [below] has me born in 1997 ----YEAH FOR YOUTH!!!, ---mine!!!!
I wish I felt that young!
Gavin [above] has written below his line under marriage:
To Be Continued.....
[so funny!!!]


This smile might be a little out of place...but I LOVE Survivor!!!
Thursday night.....[or tgf TIVO]
I love Rupert....among so many Survivors he is so cute!!!

Loving this season.
I think it is season 10???
I know I have been watching it since I was on
bedrest for Jeremy....9ish years ago.
I only missed the first season...
so that is a LOT of Survivor.



I smiled with Sam and Gavin on the night of his
Final Junior Jazz game.

Awesome season.
They won by ONE point....
I have a great blog post to do about their team,
and Gavin coaching.
...if only I would get caught up!!!

Very proud of the two of them.
It was amazing to watch Gavin hand out the medals
after the game,
and to see the parents appreciate him as their sons coach.
Gavin did an amazing job
coaching these boys
and
creating a real team
atmosphere and effort.
They are a great group of boys,
and I believe the team will come back strong next year,
with Gavin coaching.... ☻

Thanks Gavin...For being so AWESOME.
We are proud of you son.


Not much more to say about this except I was SMILING
as I spent time with Brian at work this week.
Unofficial bring your wife to work day...
It was delightful to spend a little time with him,
watching him,
seeing his patience,
his ability,
and recognizing the extreme effort
and pressures he is under everyday.

I want him to know how much we love him,
support him,
and appreciate him.
He is AMAZING, Wonderful, Wonderful. ♥




I not only SMILED, but LAUGHED right out loud,
it was worth running for the camera
as the kitty had a game of Cat and Mouse,

MOUSE!!! Yep, you read me right.

Clarissa [below] would NOT get out of the car.
So she spent a good part of the latter-day
in the car....cozied up to her chocolate milkshake!!!



HAPPY Anniversary ♥♥♥

i SMILED as Brian and I celebrated 17 years of marriage this year! Another post to come of our day and DATE....and some great pictures of my handsome boy. What an honor to be his wife. He is really a God send in my life.
I am thankful, and grateful....he is mine.
Thanks for loving me Bri.




I smiled when he brought Harry out of the boys room to show me his CHEEKS...I have a great binge and purge post in the works...I can not believe that this animal can put his ENTIRE dish of food in his cheeks....
Warning: Graphic pictures may be posted to document this event.
It truly is amazing to see something
EAT so much....deposit it...and re-eat it....just to re-locate it.
Brings new light to food storage for sure!




Smiling!


And last but not least...this morning....getting ready for school. Sam made me smile...He got new shoes Saturday for his birthday. [The kid is strange, wanted shoes and pants for his birthday....we rebelled and he will be getting something entirely frivolous...however we did get him shoes!]

Today he was leaving with his old shoes on. Old shoes that have a hole in the bottom from skateboarding and SPORTS in general. Old shoes that leave his feet wet all day...that are getting tooooooo small....Yes, his OLD SHOES.

Me: Sam, why aren't you wearing your new shoes?

Sam: I don't want to get them dirty.

Me: When are you going to start wearing them.

Sam: When the ground isn't so dirty.



As you can see I talked him into wearing his shoes.
Weird boy. [weird in the most loving way...LOVE YOU SAM!!!]

Like Trix ...are for kids... Boys...are for getting dirty.

What is wrong with him???



And last but not least...my biggest SMILE this week:

Clarissa texted me one evening. She was putting Jeremy to bed and listened to his prayers. She said: Okay, so I was tucking Jeremy in and he was saying his prayers and he is talking and then he starts mumbling and mumbling....I said, "huh, what Jer" and he replies, "Oh sorry about that, that part was personal."

Serious Smiling and LAUGHING out LouD!!! What a character. And what a lesson. We have a God who hears us, who cares about everything from our insides out. And who wants to hear all that we will bring to him...especially the personal parts! Thanks Jeremy, for the lesson...and Clarissa, for sharing. You are truly amazing peoples!!!


2 comments:

Liz said...

You are so amazing with posting...
Thanks for your sweet words about me and ditto about you. You are the BUSY one that lets me sneak into your life and enjoy the precious moments.
A mouse, at your house, meet you at Einstein's...
Love all the fun and great moments of your family and life.
Could not live without you.
You are leaving such great memories with all your journals. Way to keep that commandment to the 100% mark!!!
Laughing and enjoying this morning with my talking phone...
♥♥♥♥ because of you!

Amy said...

it was always so fun for me and my sister to tease Gavin!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash