Monday, September 22, 2008

Yea....the missionaries


Brians Missionary Tag, how cute!
I want to be a missionary now...
(jeremy during a primary sharing time about missionary work!)

We love the Missionary Discussions.
Austin (Sam's friend) had his final discussion for Family Home Evening tonight in our home.

Speaking for myself.
I am right there questioning everything there is to say about the gospel;
as pertains to the LDS church.
I am rediscovering things that I believed in the past,
and hope for things I will believe in the future.
I look at my children, their love and passion for the gospel.
They are humble little believers, and because they have felt good about it,
there is no reason for them to question it. Me, I need to be sitting at the elders feet.
Hearing the discussions, as if a convert hearing the truths
of what they teach for the very first time.
Of course I believe it.
Not because I was taught to or raised to
(because I wasn't) but because it feels right.
I am being qualified to be a humble believer, like my children,
as I hear the words of these young elders.
Their love for teaching, their willingness to go out each day,
regardless of who might be saying what about them.
Their forgiveness of yesterday, and their delight in tomorrow.
I want to know everything, I want to know why,
and I want to understand it as if my entire life depends upon it,
because I am learning that it does.
Without the perfect knowledge of those answers,
I fumble and fall, over and over;
because I say to myself, I am not there yet.
Not ready to be fully converted.
I have always felt that in life
you have to question everything to a point of believing fully
the things that are meaningful to you.
I am seeing now that this very thing,
understanding and believing, must be my conversion process.
Because I care about it enough to question it's everything,
and because I trust a simple feeling in my heart.
It is faith. The first discussion.
It is the plan. The second discussion.
It is commitment. The third discussion.
It is keeping the simple commandments which lead to a happier, healthier life.
The fourth discussion.
No wonder my kids question everything, and have such strong willed temperments.
They can only be a product of the passion of their mother and father.
May it carry them converted through their entire lives.
And may I be able to let go of them so that they can share this message,
as missionaries, some day.
Maybe.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash