Monday, September 15, 2008

Our First Dance

Not really impressive that I am finally getting around to having a first dance to talk about. Dancing has been in my being since I was a late bloomer teenager. As soon as I tasted my first freedom of what I might love doing with my life, dancing was a part of it. I danced my way through my senior year, thanks to a group of friends whom will be forever a part of me. I danced my way into the arms of my husband, and there is where the dancing ended.

Yes, we promise one another to love for who we are, to not take the important things away. And, Brian has not taken any of my love for dancing away. He has just never gone with me.

I have been out dancing with the girls since the moment my life was promised to Brian. I have had more girls night outings than many would ever desire for. I wanted for him to be the one dancing with me. And finally, this past Saturday evening, he made my dancing dreams come true.

There we were, and there he was, as awkward as a boy could be. I was so proud of him trying on all the line dances, and even a bit of swinging. I think he mostly liked helping to balance me back into his arms.

It didn't take long for him to pick up and kick up his heels. What has he been waiting for?

I think that now that he has seen the wolves he has been sending me out to dance with, he won't be sending me quite as often. But for now, it will be me and the girls again this Friday night. Anyone want to go dancing?

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash