Friday, September 26, 2008

The Little Gus Girls, take One...and TWO

I, eye spy, with my little eye....the Gus girls!
"Eliza, COME, Come here girl." (Jeremy)
You can tell my kids have dogs.
Dinnertime, was a blast.
A blast of yogurt on the wall, on the ceiling, on the floor.
The boys are in charge of baby playtime,
while Clarissa and I clean up dinner.
Emma saunters in.
Clarissa: "Let's just see how long until Jeremy notices his is missing."
Me: "Aren't we glad Sheri had two."
Clarissa: "I wish she had five." (5, CINCO, yes, she said 5)
Me: "Oh heavens Clarissa, you will get five,
after you have had three and you only want one more."
Clarissa: "I'll have 18. I love kids."
Me: Laughing. "If you only knew."
Clarissa: "You are just saying that because you are overround already."
Now I know what my problem is.
It is enough to keep up without being overround!
How do you tell the difference between Emma and Eliza?
It depends on who you talk too.
If you are listening to
Clarissa and Alyssa, Sam and Jeremy
call out who they were in charge of it goes like this:
Sam and Jeremy: We get Emma.
Clarissa and Alyssa: We get Eliza.
Sam and Jeremy: No, instead we get Eliza.
Clarissa and Alyssa: Okay, we will take Emma.
Sam and Jeremy: We want Eliza because she can walk and talk.
Clarissa and Alyssa: So does Emma...
....Emma walks and talks and bites.
Ouch, I think the girls win.
Or you could just look at their ears!
They eat...
...a lot!
They play piano.
They get into Gavin's things..oops!
They are cuddly.
And sweet!
Hopefully they sleep!
Three hours into our 97 hour stint, we are all still smiling :),
although we are stepping on a lot of cheerios.
How easily we forget how hard it is to keep toddlers happy,
and times 2!
Stay tuned for some "before and after" photos.
Clarissa is on a roll,
documenting the before and after of the babies,
as if they were a weather pattern;
oh wait, I think I see a tornado happening.
Take TWO:
Who wouldn't want to kiss that face!
Clarissa: "I cook, I clean, I bathe them and change diapers.
I don't even get to play with them."
All right about the time of the afternoon meltdowns.
"What's up?" I say.
Clarissa: There are TWO of them.
(As if she need say anything more.)
Clarissa: And to think that I wanted 15.
Me: "18!!! remember!" (I have to remind her).
Clarissa: My bad.
Jeremy, obliviously being a boy: "Babies are so fun!"

Clarissa: I just realized I haven't gone pee all day long. And there is no more milk left.This is a really long day. How many meals does a baby need in one day?

MOOOOOMMMMMM, can you go to the store.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash