Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Si Tu Veux - If you like...

I had the awe inspiring opportunity to go to UMFA today with LeShel to see the Monet to Picasso exhibition. As we stood in front of these majestic paintings, to describe the way you feel in your heart, to know that this is someones work, which meant everything to them, that you are gazing at, that you are trying to discover, that you are critiquing, enjoying or not...

I had the Epiphany that this is what my writing is to me. I commented to LeShel that I LOVED Tim Rapps explaination of the piece, titled Harlequin with Violin. More so, I loved the hidden meaning, Si Tu Veux, meaning If you like...

Rapps discusses that as you look at the Picasso you might many intended meanings.

My writing is similar to that for me.

The Harlequin represents comedy of that period of time. Writing can be funny. The Harlequin can be seen at least two different ways, depending on you, the viewer. Neither is wrong. It is your perception to choose how you want to view it.

My journaling has taken so many different directions and purposes; to pass a class, to discover myself, to leave behind a piece of me for my future to discover.

Rapps discusses that Si Tu Veux means, If you like. You might like, you might not. What you see may be good, may not be good. But it's greatness has more to do with what you, as a viewer, bring to it, than what it offers.

My writing feels that way. You like, you don't like. It's up to you.

He discusses further the meaning can be wishes. My writings are my wishes, my hopes, my failings that take me further to my discovery of me.

My rhetoric, my ramblings, my romantic moments.
My rhapsody, Si Tu Veux...


In art there is always something to discover. As I write, my hope is to discover me. I am always changing. With time, art and meanings always changes.

This was a beautiful day with a beautiful person. Thanks LeShel, for being with me on my discovery of my meaning.

1 comment:

Liz said...

This is great. I am so glad that the two of you had a "day/moment off" and enjoyed the beauty of art.

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash