Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Doesn't get much worse than Gavin's day today.


Listening to Brian and Gavin talk at night should be funny, I'm not sure.
Today Gavin came home with a black eye. Not the first time he has had a black eye.
This particular picture was from a time when he saved a girl from taking a worse fall on the asphalt during a basketball game - 6th grade.
(See how phased Jeremy is, looking for the paparazzi shot.)
Tonights black eye has a story:
Gavin plays basketball with his friends during lunch (always a sport involved).
Heres the conversation:
Brian to Gavin: How did you get the shiner?
Gavin: My eye met with a kid's elbow during the game today.
Brian: How's the kids elbow?
Gavin: Better than Mr. Coleman's leg. (Names have not been changed.)
Brian: What happened to his leg.
Gavin: The ball hit it.
Brian: How?
Gavin: When it bounced off Kaiesh's head, right before his elbow hit my eye.
Brian: So, how did that hurt Mr. Colemans leg.
Gavin: It made his leg fall off.
(Okay, seriously. At this point I begin to really listen, my homework can wait.)
Me: Gavin, that can't happen.
Gavin: Mom, he has a wooden leg.
Me: ...(okay so I didn't really say anything here, I think I was in shock because here are Brian and Gavin laughing right out loud. I personally didn't find it funny.)
Gavin let's us in on the details. Mr. Coleman happened to be walking through the gym, carrying some cd's. Gavin threw the ball, it was knocked out of bounce, hit the wall, off keieshs head, which caused him to hit Gavin in the eye with his elbow, and the ball hit Mr. Coleman walking by and knocked his leg off.
Me: Gavin, did you know he had a wooden leg.
Gavin: Yeah, he takes it off during class.
Me: Did you help him?
Gavin: No, he had a girl go get it and he put it back on, we cleaned up the cd's, and Mr. Coleman got up and walked away.
Me: So, will you be passing Mr. Colemans class this year?
Gavin: Probably not.
I guess another year of typing won't hurt anything.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Even a VERY NASTY black eye in your family can't be a normal story. Your family times are seriously so funny even though it sure looks like it hurts.
Is the statement that "Chicks dig scars still true?" If so I guess it's a good one.

si tu veux said...

Yes, absolutely@!!!, especially for the girl that landed on his head when this happened.

I didn't think he would stop bleeding. This looks better than it actually was. Gavin was hurting for days, and could only see out of one eye. He always handles everything, too tough for me.

Those are the calls I hate from the school, when one of my children are hurt.:(

LeShel said...

I'm sorry I laughed about the leg falling off. I seem to have a tendency to laugh at the wrong time. You'll know when you see me cover my face and turn!

si tu veux said...

It's good to laugh. Today Mr. Coleman said, "good shot gavin." I guess we all need to laugh more than not. Maybe he won't have to retake type.

sweetrose said...

wow that looked powerful; what girl did he save???:)

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash