Sunday, May 16, 2010

sUndAy smilEs


i smiled! yep. this week was full of sleep and smiles.



i opened the windows and the sunshine poured in, a bit of rain, the scent of freshness, and a lot of sMiLes!



i smiled when Mr. B kept the essential oils burning! anytime he saw a bit of stress, frustration, edginess in my demeanor he went a running for the oils. I had happiness, peace, and relaxation in the air all week long.





i smiled when the kids brought home handfuls of my favorite flower for Mother's Day! happy day to me to enjoy the dandelions. what a treat!



i smiled when this beautiful gal wanted a picture of me with her. she is such a rock star!!! and she wanted MY picture! what a sweetie.





i smiled when these two walked to church Sunday. our house was running a bit late, and they didn't want to miss primary. Yeah for awesome boys.






i smiled when the house was hush hush Mother's Day afternoon while the troops gathered the loot. such thought and tenderness. yep, i felt spoiled, i know i am very loved, appreciated, and that they will take me, whatever my condition, i am theirs, they are mine!



i smiled when this kid checked in with me before leaving for scouts. it was really nice to have him, often, come in and finish whatever he was doing, at the end of my bed, just to be with me! thanks buddy.





i smiled when she came in everyday and told me about her day. it was nice to be included in all the details, that even though my eyes might drift a little, i could hear her telling me all the things that she had done, what she was up to, and where she was headed. like a best friend, there for you no matter what.






i smiled when this best friend camped out on the end of my bed. ...for most of the week. i have heard pets know when you are sick or dying... i hoped he was not sensing the latter...



i smiled when this guy spent time with the dog. that meant i got to see him too.




i smiled when i got a cup of Mr. B's famous ham bean soup. it rocks!






i smiled OFTEN while reading the magazines my sister Suzie sent me. She wrote on the pages; little things, commentary, whatever came to mind while she was reading. it was like having her there with me. her thoughts in mine, a visit.




it was so thoughtful of her and Natalie to send me a care package. i have colored in my raggetty ann coloring book, read magazines, snacked on my favorite treats, kept notes in my lakers notepads, played suduko with Sam....i am keeping busy, and when i need a visitor i pick up my mags and there she is. Thanks Suzie!!!








i smiled when Sister Kaufusi came by with these lovely flowers and my favorite Rocky Road ice cream. what a laugh to visit with her, it cheered me to have time with her great friendship. i feel loved and appreciated to have such thought and prayer on my behalf. THANKS Steph, Love YOU!!!

i smiled when Lucy spent time with me. she enjoyed sitting in the window, the sunshine pouring in on both of us. sweet kitty!







i smiled when i woke up to a bowl of breakfast. in my sleepy eye it looked like a bowl of orange sherbet ice cream....alas, more fruit! at least he is thinking of my whole health, rather than just happiness. lovely Mr. B.








i smiled when Analiesa brought me a beautiful plant from our Relief Society Presidency. i know the effort that goes into relief and cheer visits. to be the recipient of their love was really tender to me. i smiled even bigger when she would email me often during the week. like sunshine in my inbox. she accepted the invite to help Clarissa plant a flower garden out front! Yeah for great girlfriends. Love you Analiesa!














WARNING: possible TMI










i smiled when THIS finally started to unSWELL, finally. also, when the incision stopped bleeding [LONG story short], when the bruising began to fade, the tummy pressure relieved. phew. so many milestones MET! BIG SMILES!!! lots of HEALING moments.













i smiled and had my cake and ate it too! a very sweet neighbor brought me a Tuley cake!!! super spoiled, and smilEs suPer siZed!!!!




'just bring me a fork!'



i smiled on Friday when arriving home from the hospital we had received a call asking if we could tend this for a week...





...i smiled because when they came back for cinnamon,


she was still alive!!!




i smiled when these got to be up more than down. i agree with my cousin ...it should be downs and ups!!! yeah for UPS!




i smiled everyday watching these blossoms open and close. this Christmas/Easter Cactus couldn't have picked a better week to bloom! so peaceful, beautiful, such a TREAT! ...i have NEVER had the time to really thoroughly enjoy this plant as much as i have this week. watching the blossoms open and close is better than a 5 star movie on Netflix.





we all smiled when this beautiful woman came to help take care of us. Yeah for Grandma!




additional smiles for such a handsome growing boy!






i smiled when this guy let his lego friends keep an eye on me! yeah for lego peeps. when he came to pick them up he told me i could take a picture. 'it lasts longer'....well okay!! Picture taken!


sweet Jeremy! Love you buddy.





talk about SWEETS...the only chore i did this week was to refill the candy dishes my SWEET aunt Elizabeth gave to me when she visited in the hospital. beautiful dishes ...makes me feel like a STAR!!!


i SMILED that i had to fill them,


because although i was in bed,


that didn't stop any of my kids from


having friends over,


inviting them to hang out in my room,


eat candy....


sam had a few one day,


clarissa had four


[and they even asked my advice on 80s music


for their talent show dance...


YEAH me...i am good for something!!!]


gavin had two over...


surprising that they all felt comfy with


me in my pajamas,


under the covers,


in bed...




like its normal????


hmmmmm, scary.




Candy comes in HANDY for sure. Thanks Auntiemom!


i SMILED while enjoying this beautiful plant all week long. i spent some time googling how to take care of them, and found the following:


LILY OF THE VALLEY:


Return of happiness,


purity of heart,


sweetness,


tears of the Virgin Mary,


you've made my life complete,


humility,


happiness,


love's good fortune.


The legend of the lily of the valley is that it sprang from Eve's tears when she was kicked out of the Garden of Eden.


It is also believed that this flower protects gardens from evil spirits.


Also known as the flower of May.



now, THAT is some serious thought. Thanks for the beautiful flowers, and thanks...i think you picked them perfectly and especially for me.






i smiled when i found grandma perched at the table


helping jeremy with his homework.


way to go Grandma!



i cried when bRIAN went back to work....it was the lonliest three hours EVER. i smiled when mom brought me ice cream for breakfast...i guess B took his prunes to work with him. YEAH FOR NO PRUNES!!!!




i smiled when i got cards in the mail. i smiled when my cousin called me with the greatest news since they hand packed rocky road ice cream at Baskin Robbins. 12-step....being brought to a local church near you!!!! YEAH for knowing what and when and where to be. So many people will be blessed and their lives forever changed because my cousin is AWESOME!!!!!







i laughed with Clarissa when she LAUGHED at me for trying to juggle three techs at a time. she thought it was hilarious....and it became a photo sesh for her. it made me smile when i found the pictures on the camera!


i smiled, all the while MULTITASKING...so many cheerful greetings from loved ones; friends, sisters, cousins, moms, grandpas, daddy's, sister-in-laws, neighbors, aunts, nieces, pets, and of course my beautiful kids and Mr. B!









thank you for being a part of my healing.


i hope this finds you smiling!



3 comments:

LeShel said...

I LOVE that the lego peeps were keeping watch over you. I'm also glad they were perched up high and not on the floor for you to step on. Your baby boy Gavin is looking like a man. What up with that?
I can't wait to see you!

Liz said...

What love and joy has come your way.
Katrina and I love Calla Lilies. She would love to know all those precious things you found out about lilies. You are right, I studied all the flowers and picked one out and then after about ten minutes, didn't like what was first chosen and went back and traded for those.
You are beautiful!

Proudfeet said...

Hope the healing continues to go well, and that all of the much deserved attention does not slow down!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash