Monday, May 3, 2010

Pondering is a form of Prayer

Sundays honestly have to be my favorite day of the week!
One of the highlights is always the movies we watch. Some funny, some uplifting, some sad....but always an amazing adventure of the heart, and always leaves me with a bit of wisdom, remembrance of wisdom that I had buried or something new, whatever it is, the moments matter because they have potential to make me better.

Yesterday we watched Coach Carter.




This has been on our list for a LONG time.

A tidbit of wisdom that uplifted me and caused me to begin to ponder, which pondering turns to prayer, which prayer has potential to change me, which change brings me closer to God, and more accepting of myself:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that
we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light,
not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened
about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine as children do.
It's not just in some of us;
it is in everyone.

And as we let our own lights shine,
we unconsciously give other
people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.







1 comment:

Liz said...

LOVE this Movie!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash