Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gavin

Artwork done in 5th grade.


Gav always doodles on his boards.


Boy, the kid just keeps on growing.
I have threatened to stop feeding him.
Where is my little Gavin?



I knew the time would come
when I would look up to him,
I just thought it would take a little
longer.

Gavin is very independent these days.
He loves to skateboard, hang out, draw,
hang with his friends, text, call people, and hang out.
He still loves football, fishing, and golf.
He is such an active kid.
Always finding jobs in the neighborhood,
helping people, just doing good things.
Most of the time I hear about it later on.
He doesn't always tell me what he is up to.



One thing I know is he is up to GOOD.

I took him to 311 and Ziggy Marley.
WHAT A CONCERT!!!

I couldn't believe I had my kid there.
It was a blast. And so fun when interests cross over.

Today I was watching him skateboard.
He is so good at doing tricks, flips, kicks.

I remember that when I was in Junior High
I LOVED hanging out with the skateboarders.
It gave me a little perspective into his life,
and his interests,
and girls,
and hanging out.

I know things have changed,
times are different,
but not so much.

I don't always know how to do the
teenage thing.

But I do know that it will work out.

Children belong to our Heavenly Father
more than they belong to us.
I know that Gavin will be okay,
in spite of me.

Love you buddy.
And I look up to you,
more than in just
your height.




PS:
Gavin took an Urban Art Camp class this summer
[same as last summer, but he did both weeks]
Then he participated in the Art Festival
producing Art for buyers.


4 comments:

Liz said...

Memories...
Love you,
Auntiemom

LeShel said...

He is such a great kid! (guess he's not much of a kid but i'll still call him a kid!)

Liz said...

How was the wedding? I'll bet it was so fun! Waiting for some photos of the event and all the fun.

Love you and miss you so much. I can't wait until school starts and we can do lunch.

Auntiemom
XOXOXOXOXOX

suzie said...

Gavin never ceases to amaze me, he is good at everything!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash