Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just a quick bit of tidbits...

I am at school....no fabulous pictures to post of my little loved ones...But a bit of news.

First, I have been thinking everyday about the funny things that happen that I should post and never get around to....so here are a couple of Jeremy's best of late:

ARGGGGHHHHH...now I can't think of them....k, I will come back to that!


Update on Gavin's team...they are continuing to play, trying to recruit. The game Saturday was fabulous. They didn't win, but they played like winners. Gavin had four touchdowns....all wonderful and fun to watch...a few great pictures [later]. Tonight they scrimmage against Cottonwood under the lights. The game is being filmed and we are having a party with the team later to watch it. Should be exciting.

Saturday his game is against Bingham....looking forward to it!!!

Clarissa did her best trying for SBO...She didn't make it. We had a brave girl who finally succumbed to tears last night. I was so proud of her for finally crying. She is sweet, and diligent, and tender. She got her midterm report card and I have never seen so many A's. I went to her Parent Teacher Conference and the only thing teachers had to say besides that we have an amazing daughter is that she could talk a little less in class....I smiled, and thought THANK GOODNESS...she is not perfect. I don't plan on working on her talkative nature. It will serve her well in her life, and I am happy she has friends and a social life besides always doing her best.

She texted me today and said that one of the girls was disqualified for Student Body Officer based on grades and another action that was inappropriate for the SBO's so she will be letting me know if she makes it. She is one of the two candidates that they are considering for replacement. Being in the "top two" as she put it made me smile for her, and pray. She handled yesterday so well, I know this is a blessing for her and whatever the outcome she is already strengthened and prepared to handle.

Mr. Sam the Kid....what a boy. He is playing soccer and loving it. Always getting to his homework, and hugging me extra which keeps me smiling. He is playing the Trumpet in the school band, another something that makes me smile. Hearing him play, and hearing Brian TRY to play....which actually makes me laugh more than smile. Sam is having a great year. He still looks up to Gavin so much, spent the day yesterday at the skatepark, and still came home to get his homework, chores, and hugs in before bedtime.

Jeremy....what a kid. He is the comedian in our house, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not. Being the youngest must be pretty tough because people are always chuckling at you. I have to remind the older kids that they were somewhat like him when they were little, and give him time to grow up....he can be so funny and so ridiculous at the same time.

He makes us smile....often.....

Me, I must be getting old, or just worn out...I still can't remember what made me laugh so much today. Well, maybe later. School is taking it's toll on me. I have a extra super critical Art teacher, and a History teacher who wants us to read his mind and answer the test questions in his words. It doesn't seem to matter if you are a History Major and answer correctly, even if you quote the book, he wants you to write what he is thinking, verbatim. This is going to be a tough Semester for me. I also have a Marriage and Family class. I seem to be doing adequate in that....if I were failing that class I think I would have to reconsider my job as wife and mother....it is so good to be able to cheat because you live the life!!!

Brian is working hard....always working hard. We love mornings because he is home with us until we all head out for school. The kids hug him a half a bakers dozen times each. I love listening to the giggle and run and jump for hugs...

..oh, my goodness....I just remembered what was so funny!!!!

Yeah me!!!!

Jeremy was running for hugs and jumping
into Brians arms this morning.....
I asked if it was my turn for a hug....and one of the kids
suggested that I run and jump for it!
....then Jeremy decided to start chanting "Jump Mommy"
....jump mommy, jump mommy, jump mommy.....
and Brian,
without skipping a beat
said he would save that for after our date.....
Okay, made me laugh!!!!
And now I am really looking forward to our date tonight....
hehehe♥


When I think of Jeremy's other funnies I will post them. I do have one really funny funny of Gavins, but I have to have a picture to post with it, so later....



Back to Brian...
He is always kind, always patient, and always willing to forgive. I thank God everyday that he is ours to love, to honor, to cherish, and pray he will be blessed with health and strength to endure all that is asked of him as we raise our sweet family together.


Well, this is feeling more like the rhetorical journal it started out as. I think I have been using pictures as a crutch to writing the events of our lives.
Hope you all find you and yours happy and healthy.
Thanks for reading along!

2 comments:

suzie said...

Wow. Loved the up-to-date tidbits, still thinking about the jumping part
...um...okay...well...have fun!

Liz said...

Love you special family and all the great things you are doing. Your lives deserve a JUMP today; at least one of those TOYOTA ones!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash