Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Clarissa is running for SBO...

...Student Body Officer!


WHO WOULDN'T VOTE FOR THAT!!!



Speech memorized
and ready to tape at 9:30
this morning,
Clarissa has put a lot of effort into
this project.
Something her big brother
encouraged her to do,
telling her that she wont regret it
if she tries.

We are happy for her,
proud of her,
and praying for her.


...and so it began
with the two of us
shopping for supplies,
sifting our minds for
creative ideas,
sitting for hours cutting
gluing,
chatting,
plotting.



Clarissa's Speech for SBO

Hi, my name is Clarissa Lawrence and I would like to be in Student Government because I believe everyone can make a difference and I would like to start in our school. I understand that as a Student Body Officer my responsibility is to set an example of friendship, good academics, and citizenship. I know that being in leadership means that I am here to help the students of Bryant to do their very own best.

Another responsibility that I can do well is being creative in planning activities that will not only meet the needs of the student body but help every student feel included and important at Bryant. I will fulfill my duties stated here by doing my best in class, maintaining a positive attitude, and by encouraging and helping my classmates to do their best. By doing these things we will all feel our individual best and together we can make our school the very best that it can be.



...the decision is based on the poster, the position statement, an interview, the speech and 50% of the decision is student vote based. ....she just texted me!!! Speech given, phewww :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Go Clarissa. Great posters and great speech.
I hope you can win!

LeShel said...

hanging on for the results!!

suzie said...

She has my vote!

Love the poster and the speech. When will we know the results?

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash