Monday, November 17, 2008

Women of God :)

Women of God
can never be
like women of the world.

The world
has enough women who are tough;
we need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are coarse;
we need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude;
we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune;
we need more women of faith.
We have enough greed;
we need more goodness.
We have enough vanity;
we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity;
we need more purity.
margaret nadauld


I am taking comfort in these words today
as I go to pick Clarissa up from school.
She had her braces adjusted today
and her teeth are killing her.
Yes, I could let her tough it out,
she does need to learn life hurts,
and I know, I know,
I was hard on Jeremy with the whole
lock incident.
(forgotten: see political ramblings...).

However, as I listened to her on the phone,
I thought to myself, what would I have wanted....
so I am going to go get her.

Maybe we can look through my old jewelry.
Maybe she will want to pick one to keep.
Maybe we can watch an old chick flick,
I can snuggle into her, keeping me warm,
and take the nap I have been dying for.

Faith and goodness,
I don't need the vote of the world,
I know I am doing the right thing for Clarissa today.
And for me.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash