Friday, November 28, 2008

honest scrap





THANK YOU BUTTERFLY KISSES, FOR THE AWARD!

...with this award i have to post 10 HONEST things about myself.

and then pass it along to 10 people.

here goes:


1. i really am not good at keeping up with my house. i save EVERYTHING. i want to de-clutter but don't have the courage to do it. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. I have a hard time having people over. I never used to be like this. A year ago I had my idea of PERFECTION.

Somewhere I crash and burned, and we are all suffering for it. My kids are on board to organize, they have the energy so it will get done.


2. Instead of food storage, we have toys and chocolate. I stress that we don't have enough to provide in time of necessity. This goes along with number one. De-clutter, and get food storage in order. And with number three, as you get the feeling that I am making a list: TO DO


3. I make crazy lists. I write everything down that I need to do everyday. Without the list I can't seem to function. I spend more time making the list than it would take to do have the things on the list. I reorganize my list; for efficiency, which requires rewriting them. I live by the list. I also make my kids live by a LIST. A checklist: home from school, wash hands, check, snack, check, pet care, check, chore, check, practice piano/guitar, check, homework, check, help with dinner chores, check, dinner, check, scriptures, check, journal, check, brush teeth, check, pajamas, check, prayers, check, 30 minutes reading, check. [compulsive behaviour passed along to the kids, another need for therapy when they get older.]


4. I can eat a half a gallon of ice cream during one movie.


5. I am writing a healing journal to try to break free from the pain of abuse and abandonment in my childhood. [that was a hard one to write, and not embelish or minimize, just honest] I wont ramble about this one.


6. I blog in layers. One for family, private, one for cyber friends.


7. I blog too much. (ouch, that was hard to admit.)


8. I know that there are some people reading this that will talk about me behind my back. I know who they are and it does hurt my feelings. This was not easy for me to be honest about. How about we just try to be nice?


9. I love serving in my church. I may be a broken mess about my gospel, but I believe in it with all my heart. I love the Savior, he is my friend, my partner in healing, my guide. I am thankful.


10. My kids are my delight, they are my everything. When I am with them, and with Brian, all is well; laughter is present, sometimes tears, we may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Amen to all these honest revelations about me. It is more than I wanted to know, so I can imagine how you feel. I just have to remind myself that this exercise is good for me, and that it is for ME. So there I have it. And what have I learned, oh, the growing pains of being honest about yourself.


I NOW AWARD:


LeShel


Sarah and Ben


Katrina and Jon


Amy and Mike


Jared and Stacie


Curtis and Nicole


Heather


Christie


Amber


Sheri


Suzie

If you are not happy to do this, don't. You are welcome to the Award. Just try the exercise. You learn a lot about yourself when you work past the surface stuff. Happy writing, pondering, reflection to you all. and thanks for being here to read our ramblings.

Have a happy day! ☺

5 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

I loved this. It's so hard to be honest about ourselves! You are so brave. I love reading your blogs and getting to know you better- even if that does mean that you blog "too much." ;)

si tu veux said...

Christie,

thank you, very kind of you to say so. ♥

hope you will enjoy doing the tag...if not i have an easier one for next! ☺

LeShel said...

so brave

Kim said...

You have a great way with words...as I have told you in the past. I am sure your healing journal will be a great help for you. I am still a novice at blogging but am trying to get better.

Amy said...

Sorry I haven't done my honest scrap....I'm not as brave as you...or I can't think of anything significant to be honest about.
It is nice to see we all have many of the same hopes, desires, struggles, heart aches, and human strengths and weaknesses. I think if we could all live life a little more honest instead of all the "false advertising" we present to one another the world would be a better place, an easier place to exist and we wouldn't have to be so hard on ourselves.
Love Ya!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash