Sunday, November 30, 2008

Uncle Bill

August 24, 1924 - November 27, 2008
Grandmas Baby Brother

It is hard for me to not think of going to Grandpa and Grandmas house without getting a hello nod from Uncle Bill. Always there, working in the yard, asking "how's your grandma today."

Uncle Bill. What a man. A hard working gentleman. What memories each person holds dear who knew him! Wonderful, wonderful.

Grandma used to say things happened in threes. Uncle Bill, our number three. I wish that I could somehow ease the pain of his family, the kids, grand kids, those who loved him the way we do Grandma. And yet, so did I, so many of us do.

My mind is quiet, more calm, and the flooded thoughts are for me personally.

Our children wanted to remember the laughter, the fun of helping Uncle Bill to find his dog. Running through the yard and getting a quick hug and hello. We will miss you being there.

I just want to say, love you Uncle Bill, thanks for taking my hand after Grandma was gone, and giving me one more glimpse of her through your eyes. I could see you longing for her, and that you thought you saw her in me. I guess that is what happens, with the loss of those we love, we look to see them in someone else. I know I wanted a glimpse of her and I felt somehow you wanted me to be her, looking at you one more time. Now you are with her again. I will cherish that minute with you always. Thank you for being such a great brother to Grandma, you always were her best friend. Peace to you both now, see ya again.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash