Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Are you onry?

Clarissa's Veterans Day program honoring
those who served in the military.
Clarissa was a greeter.
She asked the attendees if they were honorees
and gave them a special chair cover as they arrived.

One veteran did not have his hearing aids.

He heard, "Are you onry?"
"No, I'm not onry."

"I'm sorry," Clarissa said,
"I meant are you an honoree?"

He replied again: "No, I am not onry today, I am just old."

Her dance teacher said,
"Maybe you should just ask if he is a veteran."

Clarissa: "Are you a veteran?"
Honoree: "Oh, yes, of course, I am a veteran."


George and Maureen.
George was not onry today either.
A very pleasant veteran of the Vietnam War.
Thanks George. We love you.

Fred Jackson and Mike Cullis
Fred is a Vietnam Vet; our friend.
He has two purple hearts
from his service.
Mike Cullis is our cousin.
Also a vet of Vietnam.

Brian and Marion Lawrence.
Grandma Lawrence is a veteran of WWII.
She was a Marine.
She was so proud of her granddaughter.

The Wasatch Color Guard.

Clarissa respectfully pondering the meaning
of servicemen and women.

Aunt Leila, Grandpa, Grandma Kathy
Looking at Gavin's Personal Exploration on Noseart.
He interviewed Grandpa, as a pilot in WWII,
The display was enjoyed by veterans today.

The Gustafson family.

Clarissa and Grandpa Cecil.
Grandpa played Taps,
and represented the Veterans
during the flag folding ceremony.

Grandma Lawrence and Clarissa.
Playing with Emma, Eliza, and Zoe.
They loved dancing on stage.
Definitely Grandmas girls.
Thank you, from Clarissa,
to everyone who came to her program.
And, Thank You Grandpa, for playing Taps. I love you.

The program was full of beautiful dancing, and
wonderful singing, remembrances of those
who served, those who didn't come home,
and sacrifices made for our freedom in America.

[I wish I had pictures for you of her dancing and singing,
and during the theatrical portion of the letters from home.
She was beautiful, and did a wonderful job.
Due to being respectful
to the Veterans they were honoring,
they asked us to refrain from taking pictures
during the program.
I was so pleased to show my respect
and not take any pictures,
although, I can think of three I will cherish in my mind,
as well as hearing my Grandfather play taps.
It is something I will never forget.]

Clarissa also honored Grandpa Adamson,
who served in Korea;
Glen Burr, who served in Iraq;
and Grandpa Lawrence, who served in WWII.

1 comment:

Liz said...

What a fantastic group of photos. It loooks as WONDERFUL as Granddpa stated it was. What a beautiful girl, Ms. Clarissa. I love you. Stacie, you did great with all the girls' hair. Still finding hairspray this morning? I sure wished I could have come. It would have been better than sitting in the IMC. Uncle Kim is still not so good this mroning.
Love you all,
Aunt Liz

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash