Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkins and Tender Mercies

I wish that I could go back and keep a list
of the many tender mercies that have been granted
our direction during the past week.
Many hugs, thoughts, wishes, dinners,
notes of kindness have come our way.
I would not do it justice to share them personally,
and that they are personal
I will keep them dear to my heart.
However I do want to express that
I know that each day is filled with tender mercies,
each day is filled with challenges that grant us choices,
and opportunities to serve and be served.
Every experience brings us a bit closer to godliness.

This week, as Halloween approached,
I found myself in a gloom.
Not even able to pick pumpkins with my family;
a tradition of ours worth repeating and relishing.
Two days before Halloween Sam happened
to be the winner of the Great Pumpkin at Scouts,
there was one pumpkin.
Three to go.

I went to pick Gavin up from Young Mens,
as I walked out of the church,
a leader of his in passing asked
if I could use three pumpkins.
He had bought three too many earlier that day,
could I use them?

As tears came to my eyes,
he knew the answer was yes,
and helped me with them to the car.
I don't know if I said thank you, but he knew.

Tender mercies come in many ways.
Mine were plentiful, simple,
even in four pumpkins.
Not by chance; by love.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash