Monday, October 2, 2006

TWINS ARE HERE

Monday, October 2, 2006

Well, I missed writing yesterday. I didn’t get home from the cabin and taking Zoe home to my sister until almost midnight. My sister’s water broke yesterday morning and she ended up having the twins early, nine weeks early. They are in the NICU right now. I talked to her and they are doing okay. I will go down in a day or so to see my sister. Zoe is staying with her grandparents at her home for now, and my brother Jake will be here by Wednesday. We didn’t have phone reception at the cabin. Sheri tried to call me at 6:30 am, when her water broke. The girls were born at 9:23 and 9:24., Emma first at 3 lbs 11 oz. and Eliza next, 3 lbs 15 oz. I am so thankful today that they are doing okay. Emma had to be intubated and is on oxygen. Eliza was breathing on her own. This experience has made me think of my spiritual values and what I really believe. I have felt very much that these girls knew they needed to come. Last night my sister started into pre-eclampsia, which if the girls had not been born could have been lift threatening to my sister. Emma broke her water bag, and during labor Eliza’s heart began to have trouble. Emma is struggling right now, but she probably realized that if she didn’t get them here that Eliza would not make it under the stress of my sister’s body. Emma is still having a harder time and on oxygen and lights. But in all the girls are really healthy and I am thankful. I am also thankful that my sister is doing well today. My sister was really having a hard pregnancy. She was measuring 64; the lady who delivered 7 babies only measured 60 inches on delivery. I could not believe the size of Sheri right before the girls were born. I couldn’t believe she could tolerate the discomfort. She is a strong woman to have done as long as she did. We pray the girls and Sheri will continue to improve and come home healthy.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash