Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Smiles


I smiled when Jeremy and Sam decided
they were too tired to wait for me to put
them to bed and just did it themselves.

Jeremy wanted me NOT to take a picture of him,
rather take a picture of his favorite page.

[Upon close inspection I realized
that he was telling me something when
he said he wished he was an apple tree!]

I super size smiled when tucking Sam into bed last night and he asked me how to make a pillow case because he really likes his pillow cases from his Aunt LeShel. The super size smile was because I told him that he could ask her to teach him when she comes this summer.

He cant wait to go to the store to get the fabric,
and I can't wait to watch her teach
him how to makes those super cute cases!!!



..

I smiled while taking a trip down memory lane
and coming across these pictures.

Getting ready for Christmas this year brought a LOT of smiles!

If you can't get your mom to put up a tree,
just decorate yourself!




I call these my Lunchtime Smiles....

above,
Have you ever wanted to get really
up close and personal with your food....


below,
Baxter wonders if we
would notice if one was missing!
.

..
I smiled when going through more pictures from
our trip and found these.

The
Day Spa Arizona
was a highlight for sure.
Suzie got a bigger discount at the Spa,
[read the fine print],
YES, they like her more!!!

She had a baby to bribe them with!!!!
BIG SMILES :)





.I smiled in Arizona for sure,
all the while hearing laughter
for hours coming from these two girls.



I smiled through big tears as we took off
to head home.

I was leaving one wonderful
Home Sweet Home
for another...
.I love Sunsets,
and I smiled even bigger
when I believed that
God delayed our flight
until just the right moment so that
we could watch the Sunset
.
I smiled when Clarissa read her book for the entire flight
because she had a book report due the following day!




.Back Home from Arizona.

..
I smiled when I got to bask in the warmth
of their hug!



I smiled and cried when I got home
to this.

Gavin had the boys ready for bed,
and it felt like Peace!

When I mentioned offerings from my trip
Gavin reprimanded me that
the boys teeth were brushed
and they were already calmed down...


"Maybe waiting until after Breakfast for treats
would be wise."

I negotiated that I could snuggle them a half hour each,
and put their treats under their pillows after
they fall to sleep!




I smiled when tucking Sam into bed and finding
his new Hanging place for the snowboards.

Then I grimaced because I have to let them grow up,
and I remembered that Lessons begin in a few weeks.
[it's hard for me to put them on the bus for the day...]




I smiled...


...really BIG



...when I realized that I was
really home because
I was tripping over shoes.



It use to really bother me
to trip over their shoes all the time,


and then I had a thought,
if their shoes are home
then they are home, and safe.

I like that feeling.
..


I smiled when I was wiping the counters,
and I read this note:
I complained about dusting
a few moons ago,

Sam was about 4 years old,
he told me,
"It's not dust Mommy,
it's Sunbeams."

[I have noticed when the sun shines
through the windows we have more than
our fair share of Sunbeams floating in the air.]


I smiled when a rainbow from the prism
in our window cast over this.


Brian cut this cartoon out for me
when we still lived downstairs in the
apartment.

He has written on it that I am Dagwood,
and he is Blondie....

Dagwood [ME] is sitting to breakfast,
Blondie [Brian] is in the kitchen making breakfast...

It says:

Dagwood: My grapefruit doesn't have the sections cut.
Blondie: I'm a little rushed, Dear, Cant you do it?
Dagwood: You do it better...I don't have the knack.
Blondie: Sometimes you seem absolutely helpless, honey.

Blondie: Okay, here you go.
Dagwood: The salt won't come out.

Brian has always taken such good care of me in the kitchen!!! ♥


I REALLY smiled when I did this.
No one asked....
No one had complained that they couldn't find
ANYTHING to wear....

I just folded the clothes, no fan fare!!!
It made me smile because I chose to do it.
I had decided I was only doing what I wanted to do
this month,

...and realizing that I wanted to take care of my family
made me feel really good...

And then my mind was flooded with such Gratitude.
I have a family,
we have clothes to wear,
I can wash them in my own home,
they keep us warm....

I started to feel really really spoiled.
SMILING! :)


I smiled when I got up the morning
after our date night,
and found that Gavin had snuck in and left us this note:



I smiled when I finally unpacked my suitcases,
and found this.

Natalie wrote it,
and it meant everything to me to have
a morsel of her love to cherish!


I smiled when the day after I got home
I got to pick all my kids up from school,
I love my kids!!!



I smiled when I got to watch Gavin
coach Sam's Jr. Jazz team that night.

They were losing
and in the final quarter,
they held their defense,
and doubled their score for the WIN!

...It wasn't the WIN that made me smile,
It was watching them cheer each other on,
and play like a team.

I smiled when Brian got me these,
and told me he had to keep
his Precious Cargo safe.



I LOVE BAGS!!!

I smiled when sifting through the Christmas leftovers,
and found that all the bags had been carefully
put into one for me.


I smiled SO big when I was looking
through Clarissa's pictures and found these.

These little feet were still wrinkely....
she was so brand new!!!

I smiled at this one because Cecilia was
already trying to get away with stuff...
taking her hand booties off! So sweet!




I smiled when everywhere I look
I find the cat napping!!!

I think she was trying to tell me something,

So I took a NAP too!!!
♥♥♥




I smiled when I saw this through my window.
It had been two weeks since we had seen the sun.

The sun was creating a beautiful Sunset,
even if the inversion was causing the color,
I smiled....


I smiled the next morning when this
was coming through the window....
more sunshine!!!

I sort of cry-SMILED
when I was driving home
and saw BLUE SKIES...
FINALLY!!!!


I smiled when I was helping Clarissa
clean up her room and we came across this,

Her Christmas Chain...
such fond memories of making them
when I was little...
Counting the days till Christmas!!!



I smiled when Clarissa called to me:
YOU HAVE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS!!!

so cool...



I smiled when Sam came home and told me that
he made First Chair Trumpet.

He is first year, and Fifth Grade,
this is HUGE news!!!


I smiled when Jeremy wanted me to take a picture
last November???...
the cookies he was making were smiling
back at him....

The one in the middle.
...has a face!
My tummy smiled when I got to eat them!!!



I smiled back at Grandpa,
when he let me take a picture,
of him smiling at me,
after a Noon-day meal!
I Smiled really big this week when he was with
me at Clarissa's school and we saw Sam's Band teacher,
His band teacher is the Junior High teacher as well.

He told me, with Grandpa there,
that Sam is really talented with the Trumpet,
and that he earned First Chair!

It was simple,
but I was smiling from the inside out
because it pleased Grandpa to hear
that Sam has talent,
and that he worked hard learning to play the Trumpet.


I smiled when I drove past this corner lot.
They get the most dandylions,
I love dandylions....
I saw the snow covered lot, and SMILED
thinking of how the dandylions were
getting their rest,
and nourishment....
so that they could come back for my pleasure
in the spring!!!




I smiled when Jeremy wanted me to Brush teeth
with him, and then wanted me to take a picture...

He has ransomed me to taking few and far between
pictures of him these days!!!!



I smiled when we took a walk last Sunday.

I love Sunday walks.


I smiled when we ended up at the neighbors
and got to help feed the puppies!!!

I smiled when my Aunt came by and spent the afternoon with me!!!


I smiled when she told me
that I should just say, "Well done."
[or good job, something responsible like that....]

Sam came home with a friend
and they went right to their homework.


I said: "What are you doing homework for,
It's the weekend!!!"

It made me laugh that I still haven't grown up....
Am I really responsible for these kids????

I still say PARTY!!!


I smiled when I found these in the cupboard,
THESE don't last long at our house....
I smiled even bigger when I ate the last one!!!

A whole package, all to myself,

THAT never happens!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Lots of Sunday smiles photos to enjoy looking at and lots of fun tidbits to read. Keep SMILING!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥

LeShel said...

I love your Sunday Smiles. I loved what you said about kids' shoes. I always trip over mine but now I will smile!

I smiled at all your kids cuteness. I love your kids

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash