Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Smiles ♥

For a LONG time now I have spent moments each week finding the corners of my lips turn upward....and not for no reason!

I indeed have many many reasons to smile.
And yet, often enough I question my happiness.
How happy am I really?

I am me...and surprised...
the me I am discovering is really HAPPY.

Of course I have minutes where I feel like screaming,
crying,
running irrationally away from

...from WHAT?

Truthfully there is nothing in my life
as is
that I could possibly run from.

No, I am not stating perfection....only introspection.



I have learned something during my LONG time of finding my lips curl up.


Let me begin where I want to begin.

Many moons ago my cousin began something called Sunday Smiles. Each week I tune in to her blog to see what she has found to smile about during the week. Her Sunday Smiles have brought me hundreds of smiles across the miles.

You see, life took her TOO MANY miles away [1427.17 to be exact],
but smiling with her each week has bridged the distance, and I find myself feeling as though I have been a fly on the wall enjoying the warmth of her home and hearth. ...Loving and enjoying every moment that has made her smile each week.

I love her more, I love her family more....all because she has opened her life and shared those special moments.

We are so blessed, those of us who read each week, to be a part of her beautiful world. To witness someone who is so beautiful from the inside out, who has reminded us to smile, more often.

Smiling can come from something as simple as ice cream being on sale, a bug brought into the house to share, dishes left on the counter....a flood in the basement can even bring a smile. ...


Something that brought me a smile from the inside out:
A while back my daughter shared with me that every time that she hears an ambulance drive by she prays for the person they are going to help. We live on a busy street, a cross street that leads to 5 different hospitals. We hear sirens all the time. I admired her thoughtfulness and noticed after a while that her habit was becoming mine.

Like my adopted Sunday Smile habit....seems it's catching...


Hence,
I am so thankful today....my SUNDAY SMILE...comes from having some of the most amazing people in my life, to influence me, to love me, and to bring me warmth, peace, comfort and SMILES.

I have wanted for weeks to post Sunday Smiles because my days are now filled with them, SMILES, and PRAYERS, thanks to these wonderful women.

Imagine that:
My days are filled with Smiles, ....and Prayers.


So....my first installment of Sunday Smiles may literally be a flood of them, for I have saved them up...[trying to come up with a catchy title...I finally asked permission to just borrow LeShels!]

...with her permission next week I present to you my grand beginning....

SUNDAY SMILES!!!

3 comments:

LeShel said...

I can't wait. I'm all smiles. Interesting that when you say things about me I actually believe them!

Liz said...

Yeah! Two Sunday Smiles to read.
Love you and loved our few hours.

Stephanie K said...

Love this :) Thank you so much for your contagious spirit. I love seeing your smiling face in church and I am so impressed with your family - I think you are all so great! Anyway...so grateful for you and your friendship. Love you guys!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash