Saturday, April 25, 2009

Peace be unto You...♥

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who is struggling right now. Although life has many wonderful ups, it comes with it's downs. I was out checking on sweet friends who have helped me to heal from my past through their prayers, their words, their encouragement, and lack of judgment. I bring this back to you...my family and close friends. Because I think of you and all that you have gone through to support me as well. I pray that whatever trials you are experiencing that you may have peace. Enjoy:

In what ways can I use what I have learned from my abuse to help myself grow and to serve others?

Sometimes the Lord calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

We have all heard popular sayings like this, designed to encourage us and push us forward.

A piece of coal must go through thousands of years of heat and pressure before it becomes a diamond.

A beautiful pearl is the result of irritation and pain caused by a single grain of sand.

As survivors we often feel that we have had all the heat, pressure, irritation and pain we can possibly handle! But, if we allow ourselves to look back at all the things we've learned, the wonderful people we've met, our increase in compassion and understanding, and our slowness to judge those around us, hopefully we can honestly say that we are grateful for what we have gained. We must learn to turn the darkness of the past into light.

As we struggle to make something good out of that which is so wrong and ugly, we can find hope and peace in the following scripture:

"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment. And if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." (D&C 121:7-8)

5 comments:

Liz said...

You are beautiful - Thanks so much for being part of my life and your sharing yours with me.
Love you, need you, miss you; always and forever grateful for you.

LeShel said...

Such truth. May it help someone out of bed in the morning. May it bring someone hope.
LOVE YOU!

steveroni said...

You sweet girl, you are growing, you are doing whatever it takes to stay sober...and get free.

Always and Forever.

suzie said...

I love you!!!

steveroni said...

PEACE BE TO YOU ALSO. Grrl, just thinking kindly of you tonight. And your family, OK?
Steve

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash