Saturday, February 21, 2009

Filling our Minds with Good Things

"From my youth I have been acutely interested in and tried to be observant of everything around usbirds, animals, and plant lifetheir species, forms, colors, characteristics, and habits. I found that we can, as the Savior did, draw lessons from everyday occurrences. We can note the behavior of people in all their individuality and sameness. I developed the desire, as a teacher, to share the things I had observed. I found that by diligent, consistent observation, notetaking, and filing, one can store up a vast reservoir of knowledge, examples, lessons, feelings, experiences, and stories. One can come to know the verity of the scripture 'treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man.' (D&C 84:85.) That supply is there whenever one needs to draw from it for teaching or speaking assignments. Whatever else we are in life, we are teachersas parents, in church service, in all else that we do." - Boyd K. Packer, "That All May Be Edified," p. 6

1 comment:

suzie said...

Hey, I changed my profile pic. I know, I am getting brave, now anyone and everyone can see me. I had two I was choosing from, both in FL. I will send you the other, tell me what you think.

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash