Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Jeremy's First Day of Kindergarten :(

First day of Kindergarten for my youngest son! I cried my eyes out (after I dropped him off, of course). He was crying and holding me so tight, like a little monkey. I couldn’t let go of him. It really was breaking my heart. Thank goodness for kissing hands (from a children’s story), and teachers who can take your child’s hand from yours when you can’t let go yourself. I had to speak to the new Kindergarten parents at the New Parent Breakfast (as the School Community Council Chair) within minutes of letting my last son go. My heart was pounding and I was on the verge of tears. I wasn’t sure that I could speak publicly and help these parents feel okay leaving their children for the first day when I was struggling so hard to leave my own. I pulled it off somehow, not as well as I could have, but I did it. The best part of the day was picking him up two and a half hours later. His teacher said “see you tomorrow” and he stopped and told her, “No, No, I only take half days.” I was grinning from ear to ear to have him back in my arms.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash