Sunday, September 3, 2006

catching up....maybe

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Today our schedule is CRAZY…school, piano, soccer, scouts, young men’s activity, my niece sleeping over; Gavin (12) has a bar-b-que to be to at 5 pm. I think I will be lucky to “get-er-done”. The dog ran away. Positive thing, companion animal recovery called and she was found, just around the block. At 9:30 pm I had to take all 5 kids in their pajamas to pick Emma, the dog, up. The lady’s home and life is in worse disarray then mine. After listening to her open up to me about her problems, I am thankful for mine. Positively thankful!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Today was definitely better. I still didn’t accomplish much in light of all that needs to be done, but I was able to at least have a different perspective. Positive thing: perspective.


Friday, September 1, 2006

Today I woke up feeling really ill….not normal sickness symptoms. I had a full day planned, class, PTA meeting, pick up kids from school, clean and pack, fly to Arizona with my oldest son. I ended up in a doctor’s appointment and found that I have a tumor growing. The positive thing I guess is that it wasn’t all the other scary things that I was worrying about and I can still go to Arizona for the weekend.


Saturday, Sept. 2, 2006

The weather is hot and beautiful. I spent the day visiting an old friend who moved to Mesa. She is expecting her fourth child, and her first little girl. It was an amazing day to visit and took my mind off my worries for a bit. My son is staying in their home for the weekend and I am heading back to my sisters house in Phoenix. It is so hot, 110 degrees. Not very comfortable for Utah people, or anybody. It is beautiful here and the sunsets are amazing. I am not really fond of the desert scene, however I expect to look for something beautiful in it while I am here.

Sunday, Sept.3, 2006

We got out of Phoenix for the weekend and are staying in Flagstaff, actually right out of Flagstaff 20 minutes, at my sisters husbands family cabin. It is much cooler and very beautiful. Mountains and the pine trees. I am enjoying it. The quiet time is much needed for me right now. I have reflected quite a bit on the things that I am doing and the opportunities that I have. My responsibilities are so great to my kids and husband that I feel overwhelmed much of the time trying to do much else. This has been a good opportunity for me. I plan to walk quite a bit. Took a walk in the desert and found some really beautiful flowers. I made me realize that while something is baren and dry looking, it can have such hidden beauty.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash