Friday, November 10, 2006

Grandpa and Veteran's Day at Wasatch

Also, today was the Veteran’s day program that Gavin helped to put on at the Elementary School. It could not have been better. The whole program was done with such a reverence and respect in honoring those who have fought in our wars. My grandfather, and my grandmother, was able to come. I drove to American Fork to pick them up. It was absolutely amazing to experience the feeling of honor and respect these school children showed to them. My grandfather sat in tears, and for Gavin to be standing up there watching my grandfather’s reaction will be a part of his life memories forever. I think that I even saw some tears come from Gavin, as he was truly experiencing the reverence for those who sacrificed for our freedoms. I think that every child should experience a program such as this; it changed how my son viewed the idea of war and freedom. It was a wonderful way to celebrate and honor Veterans Day.

Tonight I will be going to stay at the Grand America with Brian, we are really looking forward to some quiet time alone together.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash