Friday, January 2, 2009

When Punishments Back Fire!!!

When Punishments Back Fire!!!!

I love bedtime....for the kids!!!

Jeremy always has something to say about the day.

We have decided in our house that he has the WORST PMS of all. One minute it's roses, the next he is scratching your eyes out!


Tonight, however, as we were delaying bedtime with one more addition to the KNEX rollarcoaster, some Marble Game instructions....and bubble blowing,

[all things that should be done at bedtime, RIGHT]

....Jeremy, in his sweetest, angelic voice says to me:

"Mommy, when I have the grandkids for a beginner discipline I am going to make them blow bubbles and eat them. Then when they get bigger I will move on to the hot sauce. That way when they grow up they will like the hottest sauce, like Gavin. He wants to swear now because he LOVES the hot sauce."

I didn't feel that there was anything to add.
And yes, this is verbatim!

And with that...they were off to bed.
Tucked away, dreaming of their future as parents.....

..what will my grandkids think about me someday....bubbles and hot sauce, oh my.

3 comments:

LeShel said...

Damn that's funny.

si tu veux said...

LeShel....I think he actually said Gavin is ADDICTED to hot sauce...but I thought I would be giving tmi away for free here....I mean, swearing in OUR house, and addictions. You would think, wait....we are the lawrence family....doing our best to do our best...funny. Thanks for the comment. love to you ♥

Heather said...

i love this post and your beautiful words. you write so poeticly and it's fun to check into your great blog

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash