Tuesday, January 13, 2009

some of the love...


...still Christmas at out house...
peaceful and sweet
the kids letting me sleep
turning the lights to dim
and the tree on

one hour at a time
stories and memories
keep us smiling as the New Year comes in

resolutions to make
old ones to account for
and no reason to not be thankful
we have you.

Happy New Year....

and in a few you will have our resolve to go and do

I have officially named my Grandmothers birthday
as Me Improvement Day
at our house
For she was one cool lady
and to resolve to be more like her
on her Birthday
I can't think of a better way to
honor and celebrate her

I will forever leave my Christmas lights on
until the day of her birth
for that was how she saw fit
to keep Christmas

and under the light of the tree
I will find ways to improve me.

Happy Me Improvement Day to you all!
January 9, 2009

3 comments:

Liz said...

You are so super special! I love your thoughts and the way you write. The pictures are wonderful and the last one is to be forever cherished; you and mom dancing in their yard. She looks so happy, healthy, and in love with you.
Aunt Liz

suzie said...

We just removed every hint of the holiday this past weekend. I was going to do it the first weekend of the month, like I always do, and Natalie cried for us to keep it all up for one more week. She did not want it to end. We didn't put up a fight at all, but then when I was finally taking the tree down on Sunday, she cried again. It was very sad, but I still took it down. We will leave her pink mini tree up year around in her bedroom. That seemed to suffice her for now.

wisthrop said...

A Me Improvement Day! What a wonderful way to remember Grandma.

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash