Tuesday, December 27, 2011

pS

Our hard drive is kaputt....I guess a machine can only handle so much....a billion pictures, a few million i-tunes. Yes, apple has our fortune. A few hundred trillion PowerPoint/school papers/rambling effects....we ran it into the ground. Lucky for us it gave two weeks notice so we have been able to download all of the above said treasures....however my picture less documentation and electronic communications have been isolated to the i-pad format...not fine tuned by any means. Thus there will possibly never be a lot of of picture proof that we survived/enJOYed 2011. Maybe I will get a roundtuit. I hear they come aRound once in a while! New hard drive being hired as we speak here. Hopefully this one is ready for the work we have, overtime mandatory!

Also, third year running...no Christmas cards. Look for a non-traditional greeting coming 2012. If not...'13 will be our lucky year!

Clarissa will be on the road...learners permit coming soon/today! Happy 15th Birthday (yesterday) BEAUTIFUL! She is a freshman in high school. Played volleyball!!! Made a Jean quilt in sports sewing, gorgeous! She has taught me this year to LOVE shopping...with her. We spent her birthday at a salon...lunch...and shopped till we dropped...Literally, yesterday was insane...and insanely fun. Oh, and did I mention the she has amazing fashion sense! She remodeled her from this year and yesterday we purchased the final touches...it's picture perfect! New hard drive...and I will prove it! She is the best babysitter...and booked through 2012! She earned $$$ this summer and shopped the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. Her exposure to that amazing city has given her wings and she is determined to move to Chicago in four short years and graduate the University of Chicago. Her interest is Architecture! She is also an amazing talent on the piano and will compete Federation this January... she excels at everything else she does....and she is officially taller than me...and more beautiful every day. We are blessed abundantly and enjoying her growth.

I will be attending the University of Utah come January....still need to register, late fashionably as is my norm! However I gleaned some information this week and I am a LOT closer to my degree than in thought!!! Yay me! I am Chairing the School Community Council for Wasatch Elementary again, and elected to seat East Highs Council. It's worth the work. I believe there is a lot of good in public education! I teach Relief Society and am the Welfare Coordinator. Most of all I love my roles as a Wife, a Mother, a Sister, and a Friend. I still want to learn more on the guitar! And my goal this year is to really downsize our stuff. One bag a week! We have way too much and we need to give what we really do not need/use away! Wish me luck!

Gavin officially has a girl that is more than a friend...and I am so happy for his happiness. (not declared on Facebook yet, but it's true...officially in a relationship) And if she is even somewhat responsible for the little changes I see in him than this is good. I have always believed that a relationship with any person is good if they bring out the better in you. I like this growth, this betterment! He drives the old Landcruiser...Betsy, which he bought from his dad. He works at Whole Foods, loves it! Played Football with East, State Champs in my book! Loves writing and public speaking, blesses my Sacrament each week, which is the greatest offering from a son to any Mother. Skis....yes, I am nervous, but I love his zest for moving forward...with faith. "mom, I would rather die living, than to live dying!" Truth! Too many of us live dying inside everyday because we refuse to move forward. Bad stuff happens but it is worse to give up trying. I guess teaching him to get back on his bike when he fell off paved this way. His journey... He is making the most of it!

Jeremy is currently looking for his next friend that is a girl. He has someone in mind...taking it slow. He is nursing a recent break up and handling it well. He is also a rockstar in the making. Rocking a new electric guitar, still mastering the saxophone...quickly. He also plays piano by ear, the harmonica, and several other instruments. The kid loves music and LOVES LOVES animals. He is a pet whisperer. He plays all sports, football, basketball, and is considering a focus in baseball! Yay for me. I coached him in baseball....brainwashed him to LOVE it and he proclaimed yesterday that he is thinking of not following in his brothers football steps....he is going to branch out and conquer the baseball field! He is in the process of rearranging his bedroom....who needs Spring cleaning...when you have Christmas break! Our house is a MESS, really. We now have three rooms under construction. And less than a week till everyone abandons me with the messy leftovers to sift through. Should be interesting. But it is a fun process to watch. I like that they are invested making their space their own!

Jeremy's partner in crime is Sam! They share a room and Sam has gleaned a talent from his CTE -aka tech career class, to measure and plan out a rooms space. Tape measure, pencil, and graph paper in hand they have recreated the space in their room. In the mean time I have bunk beds among the Christmas carnage. A hallway full of....stuff. And two happy boys happily planning their space together. Sam plays the trumpet...very well. He performed taps in the Veterans day program with his great-Grandfather Cecil again this year. He also specialized in girls, and has a social life neither of his parents understand. The kid is so good at it! He is friendly and funny and too sarcastic for his britches these days. He is growing a mustache, which he just discovered yesterday what we have all been noticing for months now! His voice is many octaves depending on the second. And he is meeting his mother...eye to eye now! Another kid for me to look UP to. He played football this year and loved it. Only breaking one bone! Yippee. He is still in braces, and I LOVE that, the threat alone of wiring his mouth shut can cast a moments peace. He passes me the Sacrament his brother blesses and I truly know this time is but a small flash of life and am enjoying every opportunity.

Brian...Brian...Brian. My mr. B! He is so incredible and treats us all like we are his world. He works long hours every day to provide for us and he never complains. He sounds like a saint and truly he is. He treats me better than I feel I deserve. He listens to my complaints and selfishness and always responds with love and kindness. He has to be so worn out, so weary and drought with worry, yet, he always responds with a cheerful "I am great!" ...which I know can't always be true, but he is so positive. Actually it can be annoying. But I do appreciate it, and I learn a lot from him. He sets such a standard and example and I see his influence on our children. They believe anything is possible and they work hard and they are happy cheerful positive kids because of his example. He always thinks of us first. He does work long hard hours...it is the nature of his career, but the residual of that is that we are well provided for. He never thinks of toys for him....he always thinks of our family as a whole and what will bring us closer to one another. He dates me and makes me feel like I am more beautiful with every passing moment. He encourages me and cheers me on. He hugs me. He councils me. He prays for me. He holds my hand and captivated my heart. I am one with him and believe in love at first site because of him. I believe there is one perfect love for two people. I believe in eternal love through him. I strive for our family to be forever because he has made it worth the work! Sappy....yes, he knows the worst things about me and loves me because of them. Mr. B....I nag him and he comes back for more and claims I am worth it, even when I am at my peak of estrogen imbalance! He likes my cooking and helped me believe in me! He makes me feel pretty. It's simple actually! It's just love. Two people doing their best to not just endure this life to to enjoy it!

Laughing loving living Lawrences. That's all folks! Just us taking one day and one moment at a time. And maybe not loving every minute of it...but living every moment!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Loving you and your family! ♥♥♥

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash