Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WAY WAY BACK to yester... years ♥

...or maybe it was yesterday...



Pre-"I want a mullet" days...

Way back when they were little ---er!
When I see pictures
like these
it reminds me
to cherish the moments
that we have now,
for soon enough today
will too be WAY BACK WHEN....

...when they were little ---er
...and now we have this!

Brian meant it when he said it.....
"If you don't choose a haircut
you will have to wear a barrette!"
And Jeremy meant it when he replied....
"When can we go to the store and buy some!!!"
This is how he went to school yesterday....
What is wrong with it, I ask????
His teacher wouldn't let him wear his barrette all day
....and I ended up cutting SOME of his hair last night.
He was pleasant enough to allow me
to make way for his eyes to see,
as long as it wasn't a BOYS cut!!!
Treasure today....
for all that it brings!
Smile along the way....
Be cheerful in all things!
If you missed the events leading to this
the following links
will take you to the Mullet conversation:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
...and btw:
I thankfully read today in the Handbook for Middle School Kids
that allowing children to choose
how they wear their hair
and how they keep their rooms [within reason]
is GOOD parenting.
...leaving room for conversation
on more important issues
that come up with kids.
I am patting myself on the back,
and plan to HUG Brian really big tonight!
As parents we are always questioning
what is right or wrong for them,
and finding a little bit of light
in otherwise very stressful years of raising kids
has given me a sense of great PEACE....
HOWEVER...just look at Jeremy's smile....and tell me that he is not a very well adjusted CONFIDENT happy kid.
THAT should have been my first confirmation.
ALWAYS follow your feelings!!!
They are your kids,
and only YOU know what is best for them!!!!
Happy Happy Wednesday Everyone!

4 comments:

suzie said...

Oh my goodness...
I love the yester years pics, so cute! And wow, Jeremy definitely does not lack confidence. He has such pretty hair. I am wondering if the teacher made him take it out because it was too distracting for her...
So you have to wait till their in middle school to get a handbook?

Liz said...

Did they or did they not get hair cuts before Sunday???
Like how WON?

si tu veux said...

Suzie, I WISH I had gotten the handbook YEARS ago. It is wonderful WONDERFUL. Maybe I can get you a copy...

Aunt Liz, No haircuts prior to Sunday, just cute hairstyles with gel to make them look [LOOK] respectable. Sam's haircut with Roddy tonight...YEAH! Jer....well, as you can see Brian WON last year, Jeremy is hanging in there for round two...

I cut his hair, but that leaves a TON of room for improvement. At least it is above his ears, collar, and eyebrows! And he is still bringing tons of smiles around here...♥

Heather said...

love it and thanks for the advice

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash