Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wheeler Farm




Jeremy should have been born on a farm,
he loves the animals,
and it goes both ways.
We are always amazed at the flock that follow him.
...if you are wondering, Sam is NOT
patting Jeremy on the back,
he is getting rid of the horse boogers
that he got on his hand while
feeding the horse....
check out the LAUGH on Gavin's face...
yes, having two older brothers
can really be a pain...



When I was in High School I was in the Ag class which worked out at Wheeler Farm. It has been fun to take our family there from time to time to see and feed the animals. The farm has grown and changed a lot, however it is still one of the FREE things you can do in our town. If you want to take the wagon ride it costs about a dollar per person. For a dollar fifty you can buy food for the ducks. Otherwise you can go and see and smell the animals to your hearts content. You can also camp there with your family, and be up early to gather eggs and such. Pony rides are another highlight. Pete still works there, and I believe he is only getting TALLER with age. The fences he had us build are holding up and it brings pride to my heart to see something I HATED doing last for so many years to come. The kids can touch the very nails that I pounded in, venting my teenage rebellion and frustration at having to actually WORK so hard. One of the highlight is helping to milk cows around 5 pm every afternoon. Take the time to check it out, talk about FORCED FAMILY FUN for everyone!!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

It sounds like fun; however, I would need children for it to be fun.
Love you and MISS you.
I see Mr. "B" was there with you all. YEAH!!!! FAMILY

suzie said...

Story of my life -having two older pains in the aorta, aka brothers! Although I am not sure what was worse the two older brothers or the two older sisters!!! Teeheehee...

Looks like a lot of good ol' farm fun! Can't wait to go there, you know I love anything that has the word FREE in it!

Proudfeet said...

I loved Wheeler Farm when I was younger! That looks like fun! I might need to drag Jeff there!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash