Monday, June 22, 2009

Girls Wilderness Camp

This morning I got up, showered, dressed, had some juice, woke Clarissa, talked with her while she straightened things up, sat with her while she made some buttermilk sourdough Cinnamon french toast [her favorite], watched her tiptoe into her brothers rooms and gently say good morning and see ya later, took her to the store for a sprite, some crackers, a candy bar - Hershey's of course, took her to the 11th Ward building, peeked over at her brave face, holding back the tears that she has been so accustomed to shedding as she prepared for this next step in her life, got out of the car, held both of her hands for at least a half an hour, hugged her a dozen times, kissed both cheeks, hugged her again, smiled to hold back the tears, and let go. I let her go, she ran over to her leaders car, turned right around and ran back. I hugged her again, and this time she handed me her open hand, I knew what she wanted, a kissing hand...like in the story that I read to her when she went to preschool, a kissing hand....like the one that I gave her when she went to kindergarten, a kissing hand....like the one I gave her as she drifted off to sleep before she got her appendix out, a kissing hand....like the one that I gave her before she took to singing role in the school play, a kissing hand.... and she was gone. Now all I have is prayer, and the knowledge that I have done my best. I have taught her well. She has faith and courage, divine nature, knows her individual worth, feels that she is in the arms of One who will comfort her. I have done all that I can, and she will be able to do the rest. This week she will laugh, she will fall asleep wishing she was home, wishing that her daddy and I were there with her, she will cry a little. She will love a lot, and she will learn. She will come home with more knowledge and testimony of who she is and whom she is becoming. I let her go....

5 comments:

Liz said...

Summer Girl's Camp. What a ton of memories there are from my teen years and my three girls camping experiences. SO FUN, so fun, so fun!!!
I always got laryngitis and I prayed so hard it would go away, so that I could bear my testimony. I thought I had enough faith so I always stood and then nothing came out. Upon arriving home I was promplty taken to the doctor had medication was given. It took two weeks to regain my voice; much to the pure delight of my parents and siblings, I am sure. I guess I lacked faith, didn't need a miracle and could not sleep on a moist ground. Still the memories are wonderful. So many things that are fun to remember and I will cherish them all.

There will also be tears when she comes home.
Love you,
ENJOY THE BOYS! :O)
HUGS
OOOOOOOOOOO
AUNTIEMOM

Kim said...

I can't believe she is going to girls camp! Abby will enter YW this fall. They grow up too fast. She will have a blast.

Proudfeet said...

Girl's camp! A big step! So fun though! I loved that you told me about finding Jeremy's note-I have several from him that I cherish! Miss you guys!

suzie said...

Flashback to Girls Camp!
Memories are flooding in... Oh how I LOVED it! This was so captivating to read, I delighted in each and every word and know how you two treasure each other. Clarissa is so sweet and cherishes you. Me, on the other hand could not wait to get as far away as possible from home...

steveroni said...

I'm catching up on some archives...Hope, you are SOME good mother! A pleasure to read your thoughts, so tender, yet so "let-go, let-god style."

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash