Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FYI

My Aunt Liz's recital
at the Assembly Hall
on Temple Square....
was NOT tonight.

In case any of you were wondering....



Why do I tell you these things???



Let me start at the beginning. The day had gone too well. Dinner had been served, homework finished, chores done, the little boys were packed, pajama'd, and sent to be tended until their Dad could get home.

We left in plenty of time, I thought maybe we could even run an errand that Gavin had wanted to do, but no, let's make sure we are early, parked, and not rushed.

We continued to make our way down South Temple, approaching Temple Square.

Wow, it never happens but tonight a parking spot opened up right on South Temple, right by the entrance to the South side, just where we needed to be.

I parallel park on the first try. This is too easy, something has to go wrong....



Due to a bit of construction we had to walk
the long way around, [that must be it....]

no problem...
we have arrived in plenty of time...

we have more TIME than we realize!!!



Why not stop for a picture...
I have always wanted one by this
Mother and Son
statue...

okay, so Gavin is a bit
taller than when I first
thought of it...

it works, even with the wind...



"Let's stroll around this way", says Gavin...

can anyone say 'CHIPS'???

how about 'mood swings'???


Time for one last picture and then we ought to head over to the Assembly Hall.




We arrived, Gavin and Clarissa head in. The sister missionaries ask, can we help you...."No", I say, "I am just here for my Aunt's recital."

"Oh", they respond.

...at that point Gavin and Clarissa are coming out, "Mom, No one is in there except some of the Tabernacle Choir."

And I reply, "They must be the opening act...." [of course they would be...my aunt is AWESOME!!!]

Gavin is certain, "No, Mom, I don't think it is tonight."

I have already taken the picture here below. LOOK, it says Sally Bytheway Choral....


okay. LOOK CLOSER....

This part is important:
At this point Gavin says,
"Put THAT on your blog!!!"

The words I never thought
I would hear uttered from his
own mouth, ....YEAH!!!

And to think that he thought of
that all on his lonesome!
I have raised him so well :)


...Okay, okay, so we are REALLY early....
like 5 nights early...


...and I had such a good parking spot.


If I learned anything from my Grandpa it is eat dessert first, and if not first, just eat dessert....all the time. So, being all dressed up, we had to find somewhere to go!!!

Can anyone say ICE CREAM???

How much Ice Cream can you get for $13; the amount of money I had with me for parking....yeah for parallel parking for free!!! [about three scoops, with .43 cents to spare...scary huh!!!]

...if you haven't planned for it,
don't miss it...
Saturday Night...Assembly Hall, Temple Square,
7:30!!! PM!!!!

...don't be late....just don't be too early either :)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Gavin and Clarissa, please come back on Saturday. :O) You could probably even get MORE ice cream. Love you both so much. I hope it was a fun relaxing evening on Temple Square with just you and your mom. Sorry for the mix up.

si tu veux said...

it wasn't your mix up...i read the flyer COMPLETELY wrong....about 20 times.

I read it 5 minutes before we walked out the door....I saw, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.......

I should have saw Saturday, Saturday, Tuesday...I even called Sheri and had her look up the flyer because I was SURE I was right and that Temple Square had it wrong... we were laughing so hard...who couldn't when you have Frank from CHIPs to hang with.

He had me laughing at myself pretty hard... and yet, so patient with his mothers mix up...I mean we were all dressed up, had to go somewhere, so why not the Verizon store to look at new cell phones.

Another attempt to poke a little fun when I was looking at the old/new flip phones, which apparently are dinosaur...he had to teach me about the new technology that is available.
Who knew???

He was in heaven....and we loved the time with the three of us. We have got to do that more often. Clarissa and Gavin are pretty fun to hang out with.

We will be back....

Kim said...

I love the story. You are awesome at recreating your activities. You must be thinking of your blog as you are taking the pictures. It all makes me laugh!

steveroni said...

I'm really in a hurry this Sunday morning--but could not resist. Had to read every word, and ogle every photo.

Thanks for making me stressfully "just on time." (Had to blame it on SOMEbody -grin!)

suzie said...

What lovely pictures! I can't stop looking at them. It is always the right time to have ice-cream!

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash