Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday: Grandpas House

Today we visited Grandpa Cecil. For me it was wonderful to receive and give a few hugs to this special man. So soothing to be HUGGED by someone who genuinely loves and has concern for you!


Nice to see in this profile photo that my belly is starting to UNSWELL.
Not so nice when I was asked at the grocery store last week if I was expecting a baby.
Particularly because this friend has known me for 17 years.
I guess my tight t-shirts and sweats didn't hide as well the SWELL of surgery.
Even less nice that my emotions were scratched
and through tears I answered
"No, in fact I am just healing from a hysterectomy."
In my heart I only wish that it were the alternate.
A first of firsts that will bring me tremblings of pain.
At least now I can think about how better to respond if there is a next time.




On to better subjects. These kids are so cute, and such hard workers. Jeremy carefully collected any grass clippings left behind by the mower. I didn't have the heart to tell him the extra work was unnecessary. He was so diligent.


Work those Muscles!

I love when they work together. Really good boys!!!

Cute toes!



Clarissas lessons are really paying off.
Grandpa and I enjoyed a concert!




We really did have a wonderful day with this wonderful wonderful man. Thank you to Grandpa, for being so GRAND. We love spending time and making memories with you!


2 comments:

Liz said...

Such a beautiful day for a beautiful family! A dad with GRANDPA to love and cherish...

suzie said...

hey I know that dress...

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash