Sunday, July 5, 2009

Warranties and Freedom

Okay, so....

Note about what you are about to read...

Here your have a rambling:
[which you can skip and just read the closing:
a rhetoric from Jeremy's
antics today....or both!!!
...you choose!]



RAMBLING:
I have been thinking about warranties since I posted about warranties last Wednesday. Thanks for the comments...occasionally I get the chance to check my email...and so even if I miss blogging for a while I know that you have been here and that you have appreciated something I wrote.

Warranties and Freedom...

Really, they do have something to do with each other. They both guarantee that something will be salvaged from something that is broken.

Today my heart and mind are full of thoughts...as Frances Scott Key wrote our National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner, I imagine that he was feeling desperate and yet hopeful.

These are the feelings that I have. ...often.

These feelings cause a person to grow immeasurably.

Frances Scott Key was an American Lawyer and Poet. He happened to be on an English ship when other ships fired on Fort MeHenry. As the fort returned fire the battle lasted through the night.

Frances Scott Key waited through the night, anxiously I imagine.

As sunrise came the Stars and Stripes waved proudly. The fort had held out. It was then that his heart being full found prose in his pen.

Freedom...something that others fought
for that we gratefully appreciate, or do we?

Do our hearts pound with gratitude when we see the flag?

Do we show respect to those who have served in the military?

Do we question our leadership, yet take no action on our own to lead?

Our Freedom is quite possibly the most incredible blessing that we have.

In the LDS church it is freedom that allowed the gospel to rise up. To bring the power of the priesthood into our homes, for our use and for our reverence.

In all our lives Freedom allows us to choose when to speak, how to speak, what to speak about.

We can raise our children freely, and safely.

We can vacation, we can plant a garden, we can walk down the streets of our individual cities and know that we CHOSE to live there.

We can pray and sing, dance, laugh, skateboard, swim, ski, golf, read books of our own choice, shop, draw, paint, get an education, buy food and clothing, dress how we like.

We can love our loved ones freely, with passion, with happiness; we can smile.

Sounds a lot like a warranty. We can do all these things, we have the freedom to do these things. If something doesn't work out quite right, we have a warranty that says....try it again, maybe this time...

I thought more deeply about warranties...the warranty that the Savior gave us. The Atonement. This gift we freely access, to better our lives, to alleviate our guilt, to bring us peace and hope, happiness...and those smiles, smiles we can share with others.

so...HAVE A HAPPY...SMILE...TODAY :-)



the RHETORIC I promised:


After church on Fast Sundays the best way that we have found to pass some time is journaling feelings from Sundays meetings and reading some of the Church Magazines together...

Jeremy, at only 8, gets a small snack after he journals. Today here is what he wrote [which gave me a huge smile, and at the expense of ruining my future relationship with him I am sharing it with you...

...please NO COMMENTS to little Jer Bear at church....or the expense will be that he will stop being so darn cute out of FEAR that I will BLOG IT!!!]


jEREMy'S jOUrNAL...jULy 5, 2009

"Today was fast Sunday. I was really sweaty.

Although I had fun!!!

*I am thankful for freedom.

and that we can be together forever."


Oh boy is he so sweat....or I mean SWEET!!!

1 comment:

suzie said...

Very deep... I should stop going through the motions and go through the emotions.

Freedom does rock!
We need more of it, and so does EVERYONE else!

And JerBear is sooo cute.

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash