Monday, November 26, 2007

Buterfly Factories

I remember the day I took Jeremy to first grade. My very last to begin their first day of first grade. I was fine, really. Until I walked past the kindergarten classrooms and looked above the door to his classroom from last year, and read: Butterfly Factory.

The tears, the flood of emotion. I ran to my car, it couldn't have been seconds before I was crying uncontrollably. I should be able to handle this. I have done this three times. But alas, this was the worst.

Gavin started 7th grade that day as well, I remember when it was he who was beginning his venture in education, public at that. I knew that he was no longer all mine. I had to put aside all the selfishness that I was so good at, and let others enjoy this creation, the beauty of his life.

There would be no more snack, nap, caterpillars in the classroom. Why did I blink?

What happened that I was sending my fourth off to first grade, it all happened so fast.

No comments:

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash