Saturday, March 31, 2012

Light!

I enjoyed listening to conference today and wanted to record some of the thoughts I had.

I didn't write down all of the speakers names -- but I wrote their words, or my impressions of them as I listened.

We have a full house of children, some extras that camped over last night,
and with running the kitchen
for so many for mealtime...
well, no further explaination needed,
right!

Things I hope to work on from this first session:


Create an atomosphere in our home where our children (and parents) can feel the spirit and then help our family each to understand when they have felt the spirit, and been blessed by its council.



Key to parenting: atmosphere of LOVE.


There is nothing like this church in all the world, with the selfless service and sacrifice of the leaders. (I know this as my children and family are so blessed by people who involve themselves in encouraging and influencing our children. It is abundant!)




We need the gospel and the church,
they are two in one.
We need to be more converted to the gospel,
not just people of the church.
Three things to do:
  1. deepen our love for diety. understand who they are as three beings and know them, and follow their guidance in our lives for happiness.
  2. focus on ordinances and covenants. fully depend on the sacrament and use it. be converted! be regurlarly changed by its cleansing power, people do not take advantage of this weekly power in their lives because of the lack of reverence for its sacred ordinance.
  3. seek learning. (search, ponder, pray, live) UNITE the GOSPEL with the CHURCH.

President Kimball was asked what to do in a boring Sacrament meeting and he replied that he had never been in one.

Life was never meant to be easy....or fair!

I hope to be judged as good a man as my Father.

Before being greated by my Heavenly Father I hope to be greeted by my earthly Father.

be devoted to, and LOVE, each precious little one

God does know and love us.

His arms are constantly extended to us.

Live the patterns of the gospel and we will be drawn towards Him.

Only way to have Spiritual Safety

for now

and Happiness

forever (eternity)

is by way of living the gospel in daily doses.

Prepare to go to the temple: no sacrafice is to great, no price to heavy, no struggle to difficult to work toward temple blessings for the ones you love.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I was in my home with my hubby only and I did not take notes! Kudos for all your strength and your example.
It was two beautiful days of teaching and learning, amidst the tears and fleeting thoughts of your mother.
I love you! ♥♥♥
Aunt,
Liz

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash