Wednesday, April 6, 2011

fear of tears

the boys stayed home today
sam was tired,
he couldn't seem to move from the floor

he found a way to make use of what energy he had
and lay on the floor writing in his journal.
he changed the rest of the calendars
in the house to april.

march is past and gone.

he made a chain
counting the days
til Aunt Suzie,
Cece and Nat Nat return.


thoughtful boy,
looking forward to something really good.

good will come.


jeremy just didn't want to cry in class.

i slept all morning
each time i woke up weeping
it was better to be asleep
i know i wont catch up,
and i wont regret any missed sleep
what we were doing was the better part

i did go to class
big mistake
jeremy was wise
i cried in class

i came home to my boys greeting me
that was the best part
not coming home to an empty house

jeremy asked me how my class was
i told him he was wise to stay home
it is not fun to cry in class

jeremy said
"so did you check yourself
out of class?"


a little smile formed on my face,
"yes, i guess i did"


jeremy replied,
"well that's good mamma,
that way you can be with us!"


lingering in his welcome hug
i looked down upon my little boy,

and for a moment felt myself
looking up to him.


1 comment:

Liz said...

Such love and wisdom from those young men. Just as I told you, wise beyond their number age. ♥♥♥

my happiness!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile
“You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences.” ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

COURAGE to HEAL

COURAGE to HEAL
awarded by amysplash